Teens choose poorly re: TFTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Omegatron, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Figures. Because the movie was really a bad movie. It was pretty, and sometimes funny, but it was just bad. "But lol! It madee soooo much MONEY!!1 GtFO N00b!11". Yeah, well things that suck and are stupid can make money, but it does not change that fact that it sucks and is stupid. Also, Megan Fox is not that hot. Especially with that as the competition.

Also, Davy Jones was a far superior villain than TFTM07 Megatron. And on that note, how can you not have Geoffrey Rush in a best actor thingey. He basically singlehandedly saved Pirates 3 from failure (him and Davy Jones).

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yay! haha pirates totally kicked our ass, pirates rule k?

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Wait, so what's the point? Pirates sucked, so it all evened out!

4. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Well I would have chosen Transformers, but then again, I hate Facebook/Myspace/etc.

I guess I'm just not in the mainstream-brainwashed-teen category. :thumb 

5. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one and only thing I love about Davy Jones is when he asks people if they fear death, it makes him seem badass IMO.

6. GobotFool

GobotFool Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember my grandparents and older siblings saying the same thing about all the stuff I liked when I was a kid. But come on people, do you really care about the opinion of some 14 year old child who has not developed a sophisticated sense of taste? (not that enjoying transformers requires a sophisticated sense of taste). POTC is more familiar to their generation, they probably all saw the 1st one when they were 9 or 10, so over the past 4 years have grown up thinking that stuff was the shit (and I'll admit the 1st one was, and if pirates has any single great villin it's Captain Barbosa in the 1st movie). We grew up on Star Wars and Transformers, they grew up on Pirates, its as simples as that.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry, Transformers is sure to sweep the oscars.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Sad to say but your average teen is a Tool

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In other news, the sun rose this morning and gravity still works.

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    It says it all.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Thankyou.

While I'll agree that Pirates 3 was not exactly worthy material, is this really evidence that teenagers suck? They chose "their" lousy movie over "our" lousy movie?

Dudes... reality check? Teens didn't "choose poorly". Transformers was a TERRIBLE movie... it doesn't deserve shit, especially actor awards!

Yes, it was a popular, profitable movie... but it made my inner cineaste die a little to watch it. Even if you enjoyed the film, I think it should be with some sense of it being a guilty pleasure. If it had won in these categories instead of Pirates, I think it would have been EQUALLY appalling.

The thing that REALLY speaks poorly of teens in these results, is the downright awful choice of nominees... most of those films are losers. Does this mean that these are the only movies "teens" supposedly care about? Big, ******ed action-fantasy summer blockbusters?

NOW I'm depressed about the next generation. :) 

zmog

12. GobotFool

GobotFool Well-Known Member

Very true. I had fun with transformers, I smiled the whole way through, but damn, when people asked me about it, all I could say was, it was a horrible movie, but go see it anyway because my inner 5 year old loved every second of it.

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Jones was lame lame lame in Pirates 3. Rush was great as usual though. In fact pretty much everyone was lame in Pirates except for Rush.

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:

Hey man don't knock Hannah Montana!!

LOL

15. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Well as long as Pirates of the Caribbean tides them over until the new Britney Spears album comes out, isn't it all about being happy? :lolol 

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice thing about the stupidity of teenagers: for most of them, it's temporary.

Most of them, anyway.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, there's a lot of completely stuck up ASSHOLES in this thread. 0_o
    Ever stop and wonder, hey, there's a good lot of teens who participate on this board? No? I guess I'll just go back to my horribly tasteful day.
    Seriously guys, before you start bashing on the next generation, stop acting like such thick headed morons yourselves (you know who I'm talking about).
    Not everybody is a transformers fan either, so don't expect your "zomg greatest movie of all timez /fanwank" film to win EVERYTHING. Soon as the Oscars and stuff come around you people will be bitching about how messed up Hollywood and the critics, celebrities and what not are anyway.
    DN

18. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Well at least they picked the right Male Hottie!

Zac Efron...*swoon* ;) 

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

While i agree with you. There alot of retarted shows that are popular on tv.

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

FIX'D.

She's disturbing, in all shapes and forms.

And, from a storytelling point, Transformers was a pretty good movie. They fit in a bunch of backstory and characters easily, and the action didn't drag. Now, the acting wasn't the best, but at least it balanced a serious plot with comedy and action. The awkwardness of the teenage characters worked, and most of the actors had a good grip on their characters... 'cept maybe Anthony Anderson.

Pirates 3, however, threw away most of their characters for Rush and Depp. Whatever happened to the whole Calypso thing? Oh, that's right. She caused a whirlpool and made it rain. WOW. And that whole half an hour fight scene where pretty much nothing happened? Let's watch Jack Sparrow's hilarious attempts at getting the Heart! Yeah. The movie dragged, and if not for Rush in the beginning, I wouldn't have been attentive to anything. The majority of people went to see Pirates movies because Depp delivers.

I'm seriously looking at this from a non-transformers fan point of view. Pirates could have had a lot of dialog taken out and a whole BUNCH of stupid betrayal parts taken out as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.