Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS you and I have a lot in common and share opinions.
    I too LOVED the 2003 cartoon and own every single episode and my son and I watch them frequently. I don't like the new design but I'll give it a chance, who knows it may grow on me. I didn't like TFP to start with and now I love it.

2. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Awesome, your boy will thank you for introducing him to the series, I know I did when my Ma popped a VHS in, back in my floor crawling days. :lol 

Ironically I started off loving Prime, but that's starting to wane, I felt the first season as a whole was lacking something; these droughts in between episodes do not help any. I'm still hoping season 2 will pick up some major steam.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I grew up on the 80s toon and toys,(As well as movies.) then got back into the franchise with the 2003 show.
    Never got any of the 2003 toys, though. But these new ones actually have me kind of hyped a bit. I donno what it is, but they just click with me. I'm really looking forward to this new series.

I can see what some don't like about the look of the show, but I'm very open to new ideas, and I am actually kind of into the Kungfu Panda look. To me it kind of works for the Turtles.

But I guess we'll see how it all turns out. The overall show could very likely suck...Still want the toys, though.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TMNT were always special to me when I was younger because Ernie Reyes Jr. was a childhood friend of mine. Ernie and his family lived in the neighboring town to me (I was in Santa Cruz and he was in San Jose). Ernie's aunt was a teacher in the school where my dad was a principal. This was the time where Ernie was doing a show called Sidekicks. Ernie would come to my dad's school and do martial arts demonstrations and sign autographs etc. So my dad would take me to his school to watch then he took Ernie, his dad, and me all out to lunch.

As time grew on my dad and Ernie's dad became friends and Ernie got the role in the first live action turtles movie. He was Donatello in the suit but primarily for stunt or action scenes. Then of course he played Keno in the second live action turtle movie.

Time passed and Ernie moved to LA (though his dad and family still live in San Jose) so we lost touch but I believe my dad and his dad still talk every once in a while.
    last time I saw Ernie we literally ran into each other at the mall in San Jose. He said he just finished filming a movie with the Rock called Welcome to the Jungle. Well my dad and I went to the movies and saw the Rundown and who should appear on screen but Ernie!! He played the ninja flying monkey thing as Sean William Scott put it. Turns out the Rundowns title was originally Welcome to the Jungle so I didn't think anything of it when we went to go see the movie.
    I'll never forget my dads reaction as he hadn't seen Ernie in a long time. I turned to him and said "that's Ernie" my dad's jaw dropped. "That's Ernie? well he's certainly got muscular didn't he?" He was quite surprised.

5. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

You met Ernie Reyes Jr. MTME? That's all kinds of epic; I never stopped watching that movie, or its sequel, when I was younger. I also remember watching Welcome to the Jungle some time ago; if I recall, it was was a pretty decent watch too.

Speaking of movie, does anyone know when the new one is supposed to come out? I heard it was gonna be this year, but I'm starting to suspect it might be bumped to next year, if it's not already stuck in development hell.

6. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I ate, slept & breathed the original cartoon, toys & movies when I was young. Man, my cousins and me, you would have thought we were goin' to see the 'Stones when we saw that first movie. It blew our little under-developed minds. Was beyond stoked when the 2003 series came out, but I kinda forgot it existed...still need to see Turtles Forever BTW. This time though, I am watching it religiously.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

As far as I know, it's in development hell.
    The only thing I was able to find in a google search is that it may or may not be produced by Michael Bay, or possibly under his co-owned production house Platinum Dunes. And may or may not be writen by the guys who did the first Ironman movie.

Also this rumored head design that I very much am hoping to be fake: Is This The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles New Face?
    Now that is one ucking fugly turtle.

There's still a version of it up on Youtube, here: TurtlesForeverMovie's Channel - YouTube

8. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I completely forgot about Turtles Forever and the lack of a good DVD release here

9. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Aw man, that's dissappointing. :(  I was stoked when I heard there was going to be a new LIVE Turtles movie after so long, and the possibility of being done by the same minds behind Ironman made it even more sweet.

But yeah those designs are terrible, give me Henson puppets anytime over that abomination. :lol 

10. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

TMNT has always been a part of my childhood. I loved the 2003 cartoon to death and I watched the first two movies over and over again. I also enjoyed the cgi animated movie and I think that all future TMNT movies should be animated like this. I used to own all the figures. Donatello was my favorite because he was the genius of the group, which is something that I relate to. My brother likes to act mature and doesn't like to dwell on kids cartoons, but even he has a soft spot for the turtles.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I remember seeing the trailer, was kind of cringing at the idea Mike wasn't going to have his nunchucks and Don was ending up with spear. After seeing the toy pics, well, the sight of the classic weapons make me glad (in Mike's case, it's good that he keeps both) :D 

Also, holy crap, that playset is awesome. Bandai should take a look at that and issue a better lair than that craptastic Tower of Omens.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was proven to be fake
    It was a literally a project for someone in a school and they posted it to the internet and there ya go.
    Talked about for ages on the tmnt boards.
    Met Ernie? I hung out with Ernie, played at his house he played at my house, etc
    As for the movie, Ernie is actually in charge of the stunt team but yes it is in somewhat of development hell. Michael Bay's production team is in charge of it right now. A script has yet to be greenlit and no one has even been cast. We keep hearing 2013 then 2014. etc. it's out there and will eventually get made and the only thing we know for sure it that it is cgi mixed with live action.

13. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

With Platinum Dunes supposedly getting the writers from the latest Mission Impossible movie, I'm a little more hopeful that the movie could end up decent. As a long-time TMNT fan, I'm still waiting for a movie that can at least equal the live action ones from the 90s.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Good to know. I'm open to new ideas, but that head design was too much.

Oh now you're just bragging.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL If I was bragging I would be doing it with a much bigger celebrity name. lol

16. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

In the '90's, Mikey wasn't even allowed to use his nunchucks due to censorship. Now, they change Mikey and Don's weapons just to make them more violent-looking with blades? HOORAY FOR BLADES!

As long as Shredder isn't a Utrom, and he has the scar instead of his henchman, and really IS voiced by KMR, I'll be happy... not that Utrom Shredder wasn't cool, that scene where he walks through fire while holding his head by his side was so EPIC!

I hope Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, and leatherhead are in it!

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Krang is in it. His action figure is shown in the photo for the sewer playset. He's got a terminator-like robot body.

18. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Does it look like you can remove him from the suit?

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It looks like it might be possible.
    [​IMG]

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

New show art shown at Toyfair:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]