Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Triggerhappy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
  2. Drangleic

Drangleic Crom cares not

If SHF makes Shredder and Articulated Icons Foot soldiers I can just skip the headache of getting this Neca set.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, I can't speak for these as they're brand new, but anytime you buy NECA you're basically casting a die. Just some examples of QC issues I've encountered; I had to purchase multiples of each of the old comic Turtles because many times I got one that had limbs broke at the joints out of the package. I've had similar experiences with just about every Xenomorph. I went through 5 Ultimate Kratos figures at Toys R Us due to paint seeping into the joints causing them to be fused and break when you attempt to loosen them (even using all the standard loosening tricks). Similar experiences with Ultimate Dante, Predators, and various Godzilla and Pacific Rim stuff. Basically, NECA's figures can be really fragile. That's not even taking into consideration paint smudging and stuff I've experienced. Still, I've gotten stuff that's been fine out of the box like Dutch, Ripley, all my Colonial Marines, everything Terminator related, Xenomorph Queen, RoboCop... like I said it's a die roll. But it's also EXACTLY why NECA being critical of a company like Bandai Japan is a joke. I've bought tons of Figuarts yearly since probably 2010/2011 and seven years later I can count the QC issues I've had on one hand. Can't say the same for NECA. Still, I keeprolling the die with them, because for most of these properties they're the only game in town for articulated 1:12 scaled figures.

Huh. That's unusual. Normally they scale their stuff at 7". Do we know how big the Shredder from this set is going to be?

Bluefin has stated numerous times that Shredder happens if the Turtles sell well.

Haha. But in all fairness the scalper preorders are always crazy before SDCC.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Even if they were 7" scaled, you wouldn't expect the Turtles to be 7". Humans like Shredder would be around that height, while the turtles would be around 6.5", like Classics. The scale of this line is actually much closer t0 a modern 6" scale, which is actually 6.5". Shredder looks to be about that height.

These turtles are locked into the scale NECA was using for their original turtle line, because the Foot Clan characters are heavily made up of parts sculpted for that old line. The newly sculpted turtles had to match by necessity. So, to understand why they are in this scale, you have to ask why the comic turtles were scaled the way they were. It was a long time ago and their thinking was likely different than it is today.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

When was he in the Nick toon? I thought I saw all the episodes.

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    The press release says 7" in size and that the run is 5000 in total.

7. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

My experience with NECA hasn't been too bad, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems.

I had the 18" Gypsy Danger, the 7" Robocop, and the 7" Keaton Batman, and all were solid figures, just really nice toys. But I also handled the smaller Pacific Rim Jaegers that I bought my nephews, and they're pretty shitty. I also heard that the 18" Striker Eureka, which I really wanted to get, had poor joints and balance. Not to mention multiple reports of joint breakage in figures like the 7" Reeves Superman.

As far as the upcoming TMNT figs, seems like they're repaints of the SDCC video game TMNT figs, which actually received quite positive reviews. So if they are just repaints, and assuming the factory/manufacturing process remains the same, then these should be really good, too. The video game turtles were about 5.5 inches, IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    20170605_184600.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

Found Usagi Yojimbo at Meijer today, along with a bunch of repaints. He looks pretty cool, but I haven't gotten a chance to open him up yet.

10. primekiller

primekiller Well-Known Member

WWE Superstar Zack Ryder gets an early copy of the NECA 2017 SDCC TMNT exclusive set!

Wish I can Preorder this set but I live in Canada. The set can only be delivered to US addresses only.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I know nothing about wrestling, so imagine my surprise when I go to the comments and don't see one freaking comment about the set. :lol 

12. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are Leo's arms different sculpts than the others? I see veins popping out in him that aren't on the others.

14. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

Ebay:
    His biceps are def a new sculpt and i think his neck looks different to me

• Like Like x 2
  15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I did watch a review that didn't point out the arm change but did show that the head can do a full 360. My Don cannot do that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It boggles my mind how amazing the accuracy is with these figures. NECA absolutely NEEDS to find a way to release 6 inch version of these at retail. Breaks my heart that I can't do the quarter scale figures due to space limitations (and budget).

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I've been getting these, but I'd love 1/6 scale versions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Woot! Somehow managed to snag a turtle set before they sold out today. Debated getting a second for more foot soldiers, but ultimately decided I'd save the cash and it sold out in that 30 sec internal debate. Glad to have that done.

edit: I'd also note for those that might have missed them today and will be looking the next few days- they were up sightly before they're scheduled 12 cst posting date.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM
  19. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Really? I was there at 1PM EST and they were gone. These timed limited pre-orders are garbage

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

What a joke day modern figure collecting has become. I considered getting this set, but if it sold out in such a ridiculous amount of time, so would any potential future sets, (Splinter, April, etc.) and quite frankly, I'm tired of playing these games. I experienced enough of that nonsense during the Classic Masters Of The Universe era.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM
    • Like Like x 1