Teen Titans Go The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 25, 2017.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Which is what the old TT cartoon was already doing. So their personalities are at, like, 22 now or something :p 

I get it. I really do. But I didn't care for it the first go around, so it's not surprising that a lot of people don't care for it in concentrated form. And it's definitely debatable whether self-parody really counts as keeping a character's personality.

2. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

The fact that something that is supposed to be a guaranteed hit as "another Batman series" is blatantly sabotaged before it even premieres should raise some eyebrows.

I don't even hate the show and it's fine that it's popular with kids. I'm specifically calling out Cartoon Network's blatant bias and favoritism with it SINCE THE BEGINNING. So, your attempt to try to lump me in with the other joyless adults who hate the show for that is very feeble.

My brother and little cousins love the show, too, but even they complain that it's on all the time and they don't get to watch other cartoons more often.

• Like Like x 2
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Maybe if they do it in "Night Begins to Shine" format, it could be epic.

• Like Like x 4
  4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    They're the guys who created Dragon Ball Z Abridged and knows stuff through the Source Material while retelling DBZ in a Comedic take.

No, as in a Fully action packed half hour animated series that what Action should've been. And yes the DBZ influence means some references & homages fans would get to know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The previous Teen Titans did have a movie. Teen Titans in Tokyo. It's the only time you ever see Robin actually take his mask off.

Young Justice would be better to make into a movie. Oh yeah and did that article actually say in theaters? Even the Tokyo movie was made for TV/direct to video. That could of been a theatrical release, the movie was actually kinda good. But Teen Titans Go? I can't really see this as a direct to video release. How are they going to make a movie out of this?

The sad part is that animated films, like actual 2D animation, have been kinda rare in the past few years. This thing flops, it could kill any chance for any animated movie to make it into theaters in the future. As it is most animated movies are already going direct to video. Look at all the animated DC movies. I don't think a single one has been in theaters since Mask of the Phantasm. And DC has made some pretty consistently good animated movies and now suddenly Teen Titans Go of all things gets to be released in theaters? Why. Out of all the movies they've reader in the past any one of them would have been better. Even a Killing Joke which I think is the worst movie I've seen would be 100 times better than whatever Teen Titans Go can crap out.

And I don't even hate Teen Titans Go that much. To me it's just an over exadgerated version of the original Teen Titans. It's fine for what it is. I much prefer Young Justice not this goofy thing. But it's a series of shorts where nothing ever really happens. A series most people tend to hate. How the hell does that get green lit for a theatrical movie? Shows like this have been adapted into films before, Looney Toons for example, but they were actually popular, they were part of an established brand that would draw people into theaters and fill seats. Plus those cartoons were so old when they got movies that even adults grew up with them and had a nostalgia factor. But this is a series of shorts with minimal chance of drawing an audience into theaters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    What in the Sam hill are you even talking about? Why would youtubers and a man that can only do one voice these days be in this movie?

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's not that Peter can only do one voice, it's that the people doing the casting only want him as Optimus Prime. It's not like he can't do Ironhide anymore they just didn't like his take for the movie version. G1 Ironhide was kind of a red neck and I don't think that voice would fit the movie version. None of his other characters have really even been in Transformers since G1 so he hasn't had much of an opportunity to voice anyone other than Optimus.

Also I think Ironhide is pretty damn close to how he speaks normally. He doesn't go around sounding like Optimus Prime all the time and I think than is one of the most difficult voices for him to do. So if he can still manage that then he shouldn't have any issues with his other characters.

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I swear to god the next person who says Teamfourstar needs to be in something to "fix it" goes straight to the ignore list. I'm tired of reading this idolization.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Basically, they're overblown caricatures of themselves.

The original show was great, but this... I just can't get into it; it's too goofy and kiddie-like for me. Part of my dislike is the fact that it's on ALL THE TIME. The original, more serious show never got that much air time and neither did any of the other credible superhero toons on the CN: Justice League/JLU, Young Justice, etc. If you missed those shows, you were SOL, but TTG replays 5 times a day, at least. Perhaps I'm just carrying a grudge from how poorly the other, MUCH better superhero shows were marketed, or the lack thereof.

• Like Like x 2
  12. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

I wonder if this movie will fail, considering the fate of the Powerpuff Girls movie and My Little Pony bombing recently as well.

13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Average business" sounds more accurate than "Bombing."

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    New Teen Titans Go! to the Movies Plot Details Revealed

"It seems to the Teens that all the major superheroes out there are starring in their own movies—everyone but the Teen Titans, that is! But de facto leader Robin is determined to remedy the situation, and be seen as a star instead of a sidekick. If only they could get the hottest Hollywood film director to notice them. With a few madcap ideas and a song in their heart, the Teen Titans head to Tinsel Town, certain to pull off their dream. But when the group is radically misdirected by a seriously super villain and his maniacal plan to take over the Earth, things really go awry. The team finds their friendship and their fighting spirit failing, putting the very fate of the Teen Titans themselves on the line!"

Hottest Hollywood director?

[​IMG]

He may get parodied anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  16. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    F**k this.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SpongeBob 2 was a hit and a third is in the works plus that movie was 2D to boot!

19. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I'm glad this movie is happening. The show's humor is just great; hopefully it translates well into the big screen.

20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    You know this movie is going to be the Emoji Movie of 2018.