Teen titans comics

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by wheeljack01, Sep 2, 2007.

1. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I am a big comic fan but I have never read any titans books. I went to my local comic shop and they had the first five trades of the newest titans series. So I bought the first trade and really enjoyed it but I was wondering if the following trades are as good? I am really wanting to see how the story with raven and jericho works out and desathstroke is awesome! I know the orginal series by wolfman and perez is supposed to be superior and probably read first but these were available. Do they currently have the wolfman/perez era available in trade? What are the best arcs from the newest series? All help is very appreciated.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It was a great series under Johns so definitely worth getting. I dropped the book after he so I don't know if its still a worthy read.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    McKeever's run just started this week with issue #50. It's a really, really great read and I can't recommend it enough. Not only does McKeever get off to a great start, but there are some flashback sequences by Johns and McKone, Wolfman and Perez, and DeZago and Nuack. Plus there's a guest appearance by Blue Beetle, you can never go wrong with a Blue Beetle cameo.

Beechen's short run (about five issues) can be totally skipped, at least the issues that aren't part of the Titans East arc. They were pretty bad.

Some of the Wolfman/Perez stuff is out in trade, but not all of it. A couple of the big storylines have trades that are still out (Judas Contract and another one), plus there's a Showcase collecting the first year or two of the New Teen Titans (but it'll run you about $50).

And that's about all I can tell you about the Titans, as I haven't really read much of their stuff yet. I intend to get around to it, but it'll be awhile. I have about 49 years' worth of Legion of Super-Heroes to go through first.

4. Ted Kord

Ted Kord Well-Known Member

That's the DC Archives hardcover. The Showcase line are the black & white 500+page reprints from the (mostly) Silver Age. There is a Teen Titans Showcase volume currently out, which reprints the 60s series, with the second volume soon to come.

5. wheeljack01

I could care less about the 60s stuff...what I've seen is kinda boring. If there was an 80's wolfman'/perez archive, I might pick it up.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    There is they have the teen Titans Archive hardcover editions vol 1-3 all perez and wolfman issues in order with more on the way
    Teen Titans Terra Incognito (TP)
    Judas Contract (Tp)
    Who is Donna Troyl(TP)
    Teen Titans Terror of Trigon (TP)

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Contemporary Teen Titans is good.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I really enjoyed the Johns/McKone run on the current title. It lost a lot of steam after McKone left the book but I'm curious as to where things are going now.

And if you want the REAL Teen Titans - pick up anything with Wolfman's & Perez's names on it.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was enjoying Teen Titans up until the Titans East arc ended, then I thought the artwork took a dive, and there was the Amazons Attack tie-ins that I have no interest in. . But I might need to try to pick up issue 50 this week.

10. wheeljack01

I think Ill pick up till titans east(which is pretty much the whole series..lol).

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yes, Amazon's Attack was crappier than House of M and Civil War....but issue 50 did it justice...and the arc its starting, looks to be a really good one.