3D Artwork: TECROM DESIGNS Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Tecrom Designs, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tecrom Designs

Tecrom Designs Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    -
    “The VIACONS are a long lived race of techno-organic beings that reside on the sentient world of VIACON 1. Recently emerging from a millennia long war that decimated much of their population and leveled their once great cities-the Viacons seek to rebuild their Empire and restore it to its former glory. During the Great Viaconian Wars, much of their population were scattered across the quadrant, existing in small pockets of lawless outposts throughout the system. In the new order, the Viacon Republic and its Senate, have sought to reunite all Viaconians back into the fold. However, an ancient enemy, long thought extinct and only spoken of in myth, has made a silent return. Cloaked in secrecy, the Tecrom have infiltrated parts of the Senate and have begun undermining the foundation of its rule. The few who are aware of the threat have formed a clandestine resistance-systematically recruiting into their ranks, those who posses unique qualities that will aid them in their struggle to expose and ultimately drive out the Tecrom."

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my Tecrom Designs Shapeways thread and what I like to call Tecrom Central!! Here you will find all you need to know about my creation, "THE VIACONS"-including their Designs, Bios, Radicon threads, Custom paint-ups and how you can purchase prints of each design to add to your collection!!

NAME: Tempest
    AFFLILIATION: Viacon Resistance
    POSITION: Femacon Clandestine Operative

[​IMG]
    TEMPEST BIO:
    Tempest is a savvy seductress of the Viacon resistance. She is a charter member of an elite counter-intelligence group known as the "Femacons." As a deep cover clandestine operative, she is charged with the task of attaining vital information from the Tecrom inner circle by "any" means necessary. Her motto, "I always get what I want and sometimes I leave them wanting more."

LINKS TO ITEMS ON SHAPEWAYS
    Tempest's head with 2 Blasters: Tempest Full Set for RID by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Tempest's head with 1 baster: Tempest Set for RID by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Tempest's head only: Tempest Head for RID by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Tempest's x2 Blasters: Tempest Dual Blasters by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Tecrom Designs Shapeways Store: Shapeways | Tecrom Designs by TecromDesigns

TEMPEST'S RADICONS THREAD:
    More Pictures: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/654202-tempest-rid-arcee-tecrom-designs.html

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NAME: Metal Head
    AFFILIATION: Viacon Resistance
    POSITION: Intergalactic Rockstar, Part-Time Spy and Full-Time Womanizer

[​IMG]
    METAL HEAD BIO:
    Metal Head is the lead guitarist of the no non-sense, kick the door down, bust your skull, whistle while you work, inter-galactic rock band, "Optic Crush." When he's not shredding it on stage, or gettin' it on with groupies, he lends a hand, fist or snarky remark, to the Viacon cause. He's willing to risk life, limb and maybe a couple shots to the face, if not for but a chance to win the affections of a one, electric blue Femacon operative. With smokey eyes, sultry lips and curves that could melt the bolts off a reinforced Tritanium chassis; she is his Great White Buffalo. Unfortunately, Tempest* can't seem to stand the sight of him. Not one to take “NO!!” for an answer in his quest for a little sugar, he’s determined to win her over, just to prove Scuz wrong. Often seen conversing with his trusty axe, many question his full processing power, but never his loyalty. For almost five stellar cycles-ever since their first run-in at a botched intel mission he inadvertently caused with his raunchy stage show at a local karoke bar, he's tried to swoon Tempest with tall tales of debauchery and re-bottled Cryon ale.* He's often heard using stale pick-up lines he'd learned from old Plato, famed alumn of the prestigious Blues Academy of Performing Arts-his on-again off-again mentor, manager and full-time drinking buddy. Through a little tenacity, some luck and a lot of nagging, he eventually recruited himself into the Viacon underground, the only part-time freedom fighter in the resistance, who claims to care less about the out come but a lot about the cause. Whatever his meaning, he hates the Tecrom, for shutting down his comeback special a few cycles back. With Oracle’s* aid and using his celebrity, he is able to access objectives otherwise unattainable by his peers making him invaluable to the Resistance. In this latest romp to Viacon 1, after his band's recent lip sync debacle, Metal Head again, set his sights on Tempest, determined to win her over with a serenade of the hit song in question, "Babe I'm gonna miss U," before she gets wind of the scandal.

LINKS TO ITEMS ON SHAPEWAYS:
    Metal Head Set w/ Guitar: Metal Head Set for GenJunk by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Metal Head's head only: Metal Head's Head for GenJunk by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Metal Head's Guitar only: MetalHead Guitar for GenJunkWreck by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

METAL HEAD'S RADICON THREAD:
    More Pictures: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/655285-metal-head-wreck-gar-tecrom-designs.html

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NAME: APEX of the TYR Clan
    AFFILIATION: None currently
    POSITION: Former VSU Lieutenant

[​IMG]
    APEX BIO:
    Before the TECROM invasion of Viacon 1, Apex was part of the VSU, a black Viaconian Special Units group- an elite squad of “dark” soldiers charged with the forceful extraction of key personnel in volatile situations. As a former member of its ranks, Apex was trained in multiple disciplines including stealth, evasion, hand-to-hand and weapons and tactics. Although a gifted soldier, Apex’s career was cut short after disobeying a “wet works” order by his commanding officer on a remote outpost along the border of a separatist colony. After a short firefight, the untrained separatist threw down their arms, ending the engagement- leaving half a dozen hostiles off-line and one VSU member critically injured. The situation was secured- all hostages were accounted for and the remaining hostiles were in custody, however the termination order still stood. Apex, recognizing a possible error in judgment- questioned the validity of the order and refused to comply without further confirmation from an Oracle or the Viacon High Command. However before he could confirm the order, without warning, his commanding officer unloaded three plasma rounds into his chest, for disobeying the order. Away from prying eyes, the remaining squad rounded up the restrained hostiles and carried out the order, massacring a dozen unarmed separatist. Apex was left for dead and laid to rust alongside them for the clean-up crew to rectify. He was later reported as terminated in the line of duty. Sometime later, when it was discovered that Apex had not met his end, his former commanding officer filed false charges against him- accusing him of desertion. He is now wanted by the Viacon government. Apex travels the byways between the outlying separatist worlds hiding amongst them in plane sight, always one step ahead of his pursuers, unaware of the Tecrom invasion that slowly engulfs Viacon 1. The Viacon Resistance is aware of his innocence and has taken note of his skills as a soldier, survivalist and a possible ally; such to the point that the Femacon elite has dispatched one of their best operatives to retrieve him in hopes that he will join the cause with the promise of clearing his name.

Apex's head and Blaster: Apex Set for GenScrg by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Apex's head only: Apex Head for GenScrg by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

APEX'S RADICON THREAD:
    MORE PICTURES: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/657842-apex-generations-scourge-tecrom-designs.html

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

NAME: Pit-Stop
    AFFILIATION: None
    POSITION: Unaccredited Super Scientist
    [​IMG]
    PIT-STOP's BIO:
    Very soon Pit-Stop will be the most wanted robot in the Galaxy. Not because he’s an escaped fugitive, a Rock Star or even a Snooki. Simply put, he knows way too much. And unfortunately for him, he has no idea what he really knows. On his first off-world visit to Viacon 1 from the farming moon of Oren Prime-he had a strange run-in with an elderly Viacon, who through a small device, uploaded thoughts and ideas that were not his own. Minimally educated, Pit-Stop began to process and comprehend advance schools of thought in the fields of chemistry, engineering, physics and quantum mechanics. It wasn’t until he stumbled across the elderly Viacon again, at an inter-planetary science symposium, that he realized it was former Directorate Valen in disguise. Valen was the last Science Director of the Tyr High Command during the Viconian Wars, cycles before the Viacon Senate was formed. Long thought offline, this famous, yet equally infamous super scientist was the inventor of the "Pulse" device-a weapon credited with destroying an entire moon; extinguishing countless lives, but ultimately did put an end to the Great Wars.

Pit-Stop's head only: Pit Stop for HASandstorm by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Tecrom Designs Shapeways Store: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Tecrom-Designs"]http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Tecrom-Designs

PIT-STOP'S RADICON THREAD:
    More Pictures:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/674183-pit-stop-human-alliance-sandstorm-half-track-tecrom-designs.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

NAME: Oracle
    AFFILIATION: Viacon Resistance
    POSITION: Femacon Communications Officer
    [​IMG]
    ORACLE BIO:
    Oracle is the youngest member of the Viacon Resistance. She was accidently discovered by Metal Head in a hidden stasis chamber, while arguing with Tempest about proper demolitions protocol, on an off-world scrap yard that was suspected to be a front for a Tecrom weapons depot; they had been tasked with destroying. Immediately taken by Metal head’s off color humor and transparent charm, the naive fembot developed a huge crush on her would be hero. However, the attraction was not mutual as he and Tempest viewed Oracle as a younger sibling unit. Left with no memory of her past and believed to be an innocent victim of her captures, she was deemed a non-hostile and allowed to remain with the Resistance, in fear that her release would bring harm to herself and compromise their operation. Tempest and her fellow Femacons were charged with guardianship of the young fembot. As its newest member, Tempest immediately began training Oracle as one of their own. Too young and inexperience for special outbound operations, Oracle was initially assigned monitor duty of field communications. But it was not until one particular mission that had gone seriously south, that she gained the moniker “The Oracle”-a title that in ancient times, was bestowed upon one of three female Viacons; a White, Gray and Black Oracle, that together, had the ability to awaken and some say, command the living planet in which they reside upon. It was on this mission that Metal Head almost lost his cover and quite possibly his spark- that a very distraught Oracle was witness entering a trance- like state, where in which she was able to remotely manipulate the state controlled power grid in and around Metal Head’s position. Miraculously, she was able to bypass any and all security measures put in place, ultimately allowing Metal Head to escape. With the demonstration of this previously unknown ability, the Resistance has come to see her as one that could turn the tide in their favor. However, with such as a display, word of her ability has not gone unnoticed by the Tecrom, who also possess an “Oracle.”

Oracle Set with x2 Blasters: Oracle Set with x2 Blasters for RIDBike by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Oracle Set with x1 Blaster: Oracle for RIDBike by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Oracle Head Only: Oracle Head Only for RIDBike by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Oracle x1 Blaster only NO Head: Oracle x1 Blaster by TecromDesigns on Shapeways
    Oracle x2 Blasters Only NO HEAD: Oracle x2 Blasters by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

ORACLE'S RADICON THREAD:
    More Pictures:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/680386-oracle-tf-prime-rid-arcee-tecrom-designs.html

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WEAPONS & ACCESSORIES ON SHAPEWAYS

[​IMG]
    Hands for TF Animated Arcee: Add On Hands for Animated RC by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

[​IMG]
    Metal Head's guitar/axe "Scuz": MetalHead Guitar for GenJunkWreck by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

[​IMG]
    Tempest's x2 Blasters: Tempest Dual Blasters by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

[​IMG]
    Oracle's x2 Blasters: Oracle x2 Blasters by TecromDesigns on Shapeways

-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    Whoa, great looking face sculpt.

3. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is beautiful work. Can I assume that's done by Zbrush?

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    That's really sharp.

5. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:
    Hey dude, big fan of your work. Thanks, for the compliment, yeah most of her was done on Zbrush, a bit on Solidworks from what I could manage. lol. Being a trained traditional modeler in a past life, I gravitated towards Zbrush as a digital extension. But seeing you guys create some CRAZY stuff with TF's, on programs like Solidworks and SoftImage, I knew I had to try my hand at a more CAD based program. Sad to say, its so not Artsy and thats exactly how I am. Again thanks for the compliment, its very much appreciated man.

Stay tuned!!

Thanks a million!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice work! Obviously you have organic modeling down. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Awesome designs! :thumb  Is Apex supposed to be the G1 Bountyhunter or an original character?

8. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:

9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Cool. I look foward to seeing your future designs!!!!

10. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL...I wish I can actually say I'm a modeller in my past life, but I'm more likely a yellow-bellied, scally-wag buccaneer terrorizing the high seas at the turn of the century.

Always wanted to try Zbrush for a long time. I guess your inspiration is the push that will get me to it. :eek: 

Sometimes it's plain to see an artist's sensitivity to form from the smallest pieces of work, and the Tempest sculpt is a great example. I liked how she reminds me of Queen Nefertiti from the shape of the helm.

Like others, I'm looking forward to see more stuff from you. Keep it up!

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

This is an awesome piece. Any chance you might work on one for the FE Arcee mold? I'd love to buy a set if you ever made one for her (I know PRiD Arcee's easier to come by)

12. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:
    Thank you very much for the compliment. Unlike most folks I perfer the RID version myself rather than the FE one. With that said, The RID provided a better base for the head, due to her size, availability, head clearance, closed hands etc. My aim was to have Tempest fit into anyone's collection, almost seemlessly, so the use of the RID verison was the logical choice. Also, the FE Arcee wouldn't be able to transform if the Tempest head were proportionate to the body. If you want to see a fully painted Tempest head please check out Xaviercal's thread on the radicon section.

BRAVO!! You hit the nail on the head, Queen Nefertiti was the main inspiration on the Tempest design. Other ques added, were to have her better acclimate to the taste of TF fans.

Wow, I inspired you. So its a two way street then. Who would have thought. Cheers man!!

13. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Xavier's thread is what lead me here. He does good work. :) 

And you pretty much answered some of my internal questions--mainly whether a proportioned head could work with the FE version. That's really my dilemma--I'm looking for a different head with that toy and haven't had any luck finding anything. This does make me want to buy the newer Arcee though. Maybe if I find one for a steal, just so I can put this kit to use. :) 

14. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:
    I honestly did consider using that body as I wasn't concerned about transformation. I actually modeled that head months before the FE or RID version was released. I was going to use a generic toy that had posability, as my characters don't necessarily transform. But a friend convinced me that I should delve into the TF fanbase since there's already a "suspension of disbelief," with regards to non-terestrial robots. The main challenge is/was getting fans to accept my characters. I hope for the most part, they do come to accept them. The poll I set up on the original Radicon thread was to guage such interest. Unfortunately alot of folks didn't bother with it.

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I think they will. Especially new heads. I do a lot of customizing, and I'm constantly keeping heads from other TF figures in the hopes of making them work on a project. Having a fresh supply of brand new head types can be a plus in this community.

Thing about Radicons is that there are those of us who do customs, and there are the people that come to Radicons to see everyone's work but might not be savvy at it themselves. But you'll find people can be quite interested in custom items they can purchase. Truthfully, though, as great an outlet as Shapeways can be their product is still somewhat grainy. If you ever delved into doing resin kits yourself, while the work would be more on your shoulders the product would be superior and likely more popular (granted, the down side to that is that you would have to fill and complete orders yourself, where Shapeways does all that for you).

In either case, however you go about making new kits I wish you luck. Hope to see more head types in the future from you! (maybe a different "femme" head for the FE deluxe and RID Voyager Starscreams than the one by the collector's club? Something with a more normal face...and a NOSE... :D  )

16. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:
    If you notice, on my posts I always mention that I use "frosted ultra detail," not to be confused with "frosted detail," when printing out items. Well, that is the highest quality material available and I've been told that clean up is pretty basic on those. A couple of folks have said that there is no clean up on some parts, like the Metal Head's guitar. And from what I have, that looks to be true. But again I haven't done any prep work myself, so I can't really say. I gave up my hands-on, traditional sculptting and clean-up work, years ago when I worked for Creations Ink. lol.

Also, I'd have to say the print orientation has something to do with print detail. Like most printers, the resin or plastic is sprayed on in layers from above then flashed with UV light that solidifies each layer-at least that's how the object printers work. With that said, when I orient the file, I try to anticipate how Shapeways will print it ie. what part will be layed flat on its back, so as to get the best possible results. And I always do a test print to see the final product before I put it up for sale.

Funny that you mentioned kits. Actually I did want to produce kits and there is one I have the results from. According to folks I've showed it to, it looked great and everyone who saw it bought it one, sometime more. Unfortunately, I didn't make them myself, and the person I commissioned to make them got too busy and opted to return funds for the unproduced units. So, I'm only left with 10 units. So that was that.

With regards to femme heads for the FE or RID body. Lets just say "ORACLE" is the hint at the next femme head that can be used with the RID mold.

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Hmm---brings up Beast Machines thoughts from way back, but it could likely be anything. Will definitely look forward to whatever you come up with. I'll likely be buying the Tempest head in the next week or so, too. Even if I'm not sure about buying the RID Arcee for it, it makes me wonder what else I could make it work with. :D 

18. Tecrom Designs

Ebay:
    Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it. I've recently decided to dedicate my time and effort and a considerable part of my livelihood to my artwork-this being but one avenue, so any support would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I can definitely see how it could work with Beast Machines now that you mentioned it. Maybe the Tempest head could fit on the Cheetor mold, it was pretty feminine, or maybe even the TF Movie pink Arcee, I don't know, as I don't own those figures. But when you do decide to purchase the set, I'd love to see what you do with her. It will more than likely inspire others as well. That’s one of the things I love about the site and the super creative fans here.

One thing though, I've notice that you've commented on all my threads, any ideas as to continue to get the momentum going. I'd like to get more of a dialogue going with fans about the designs and characters themselves, and you seem to be one of the few who've really delved into the idea of creating new characters or embracing mine, with regards to the current design. As I'm quite new to the site, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how this could be accomplished. Thanks

Cheers,

Tecrom

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'll definitely post whatever I put together so you can see how the head works.

As for generating more interest? The best way is having new projects out there, I think. There's definitely an interest in femme heads, since there aren't as many in the lines. Something like a more 'classics' style Slipstream head that could be mounted onto FE deluxe Starscream or even Voyager Starscream. Since the collector's club version is highly "Prime" in style (plain face, no nose, etc) something that fits on either of those toys that looks like the head from the game, War For Cybertron, might go over well.

You could also try character heads that are either original (which would be great) or of existing characters not already created. A good example would be the Beast Wars character heads that could work on various vehicular models (similar to Botcon 2006's sets--something worth expanding on). I honestly think the best way to get more exposure is to create it. The more projects you create (maybe have a master thread) the more interest you'll create along with it. Maybe start a thread with head models as previews and see what people like from there.

20. Generalstratton

Generalstratton Well-Known Member

I am loving all your kits on Shapeway.

Is there any chance you can add "strong, white, flexible, & polished" to the purchase options?