2D Artwork: Techspecs movie style (original character)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by jbvirus, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

My 4th remake of this character, he is modeled after my own truck, i was inspired by the 2007 movie so i had to draw him. I redrew a 4th time just for this contest. Hope y'all like

(to the dude who drew wheel jack, you rock man, i wish i could have colored mine as good as yours, but i'm not great with colors)

oh and incase the pictures dont show here is a link to my deviantart page
    Techspecs
    Autobot
    Code name: Techspecs

Techspecs was once an engineer before the major part of the war began. He was known for his ability to be able to study an object and immediately discover its flaws thus he was nicknamed Techspecs. When the war began his sector was all but destroyed, his business was destroyed. He seeked out the Autobots and was recruited as an Autobot spy. He went out spying on the enemies base camps and communicating back to HQ their weakest points. Sometime later after both Optimus and Megtron left for the cube, HQ received a communication from Prime that he discovered a new home Techspecs along with others left to see if they can seek refuge at this new home. He landed in America in the state of Texas and took on the disguise of a 2002 Ford F-150 sports truck. He then began his search for Prime and company hoping to be of service to them.

Attached Files:

2. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    nice man!!!

3. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another great entry!
    I love how you've added the characteristics of his Alt-mode into his Robot form.
    Aswell as some awesome sence of symmetry to him =). One thing I can say is that as his alt-mode is quite large. Maybe you could add some more armour plating emerging from him body? (I.e Kibble)
    And thanks for the kind words buddy =)

4. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Your welcome man and thanks too. As for the kibble I did give him door wings in the original design but I had too many people at my college commenting that he looked like bumblebee so I took them out. I knew i should have drawn the back view of him, there is where the rest his armor went maybe a little later i can try and that view too.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I like how he look good job I see how it can transform good job!

6. Ice Winged Wolf

Ice Winged Wolf Active Member

I too like making Transformers of the cars/vehicles/animals around me. (I usually design them more like G1 or Beast Wars depending on the character but it's a fun way to be imaginative about the everyday).

7. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

Yeah it's very fun to do so far I have made transformers out of my dogs and my lil brothers car and few friends cars. You can see the design of my brothers transformer on my DeviantArt page. Thanks again for posting thought people forgot about my page lol

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I like the armblade..reminds me of the Japanese 'tonfa' weapon, but with a blade. I hope you will one day color it..remember, practice makes perfect, it's not a shame you're not good at it, but if you would try you could learn and maybe even like it! :) 

9. jbvirus

jbvirus Human

I was actually trying to make it lol that glad you were able to see it haha
    I have been working on a colored version this whole month but I'm slow at it and I wanted to make it look good like the others. I will keep trying though thanks for the comment :D