Techobots vs. Combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, May 2, 2010.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 18, 2010.
  1. Combaticons-The Real Cybertron Villians

71.9%
  2. Techobots-Nerds of King Grimlock

34.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Since The Combaticons face Stunticons and Predacons now that faces The Techobots it's pretty must Starscream's Brigade vs. Grimlock's Birgade.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    combatacons...a military unit. vs to much thinking bots..of course scattershot will be the difficult one to take down..but the combatacons are more suited as a fighting team then technobots.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I don't think there's any real official grudges save for Predacons/Dinobots, but here's what I've always seen to be the norm.

Stunticon Menasor Vs. Aerialbot Superion
    Combaticon Bruticus Vs. Protectobot Defensor
    Constructicon Devastator Vs. Dinobots
    Constructon Devastor Vs. Omega Supreme
    Predacon Predaking Vs. Dinobots
    Terrorcon Abominus Vs. Technobot Computron

As you can see G1 Devastator is so bad-ass that he tussles with Omega AND the Dinobots. The Dinobots are also bad-ass, for they compete with the Constructicons in addition to the Predacons. However out of these two it's Brains over Brawn.

~Z

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Combaticons, most likely.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Combaticons, I think...

In terms of combiners, Computron is among the weakest. He is incredibly intelligent, but his mental deficiency makes him really no swifter than Bruticus in terms of taking initiative in combat. He is very skilled, but it's unclear whether that relates to combat ability or his technical acumen.

To clear up a misconception, the Technobots really aren't a science team. That's a lie. They are not even especially smart. Scattershot, Afterburner, Strafe and Nosecone are all dedicated combat personnel, some of them with psychological problems that make them... well... sort of crazy. So to be fair, they aren't a bunch of nerds... they're actually pretty good in a fight.

However, the Combaticons are still better... lets look at some stats. Even with Brawl's horrible Intelligence dragging their average down, the Combaticons are STILL smarter than the Technobots. They are also more Skilled, and have better Firepower.

Scattershot sounds tough, but when it comes down to it, in a straight fight, Brawl alone could actually stand toe-to-toe with him and probably win... they're matched for Strength and Firepower, but Brawl has higher Endurance and Skill.

Onslaught is a tactical genius, while Scattershot is a "run in and stomp 'em" type, lacking in any semblance of subtlety... so I think the Technos will have it pretty hard. Nosecone can take a lot of hits, but he's slow and awkward, and weaker than Brawl or Onslaught. He'll make an easy target.

Strafe is a master marksman if he ever calms down long enough, but in terms of range, firepower and skill, he can't match Blast Off. Strafe is also a sharp flyer, but so is Vortex.... and while Vortex is a controlled kind of crazy, Strafe is a nervous, paranoid wreck. Against a chaotic aerial daredevil with a talent for using fear as a weapon, he's going to be a total mess. Lightspeed and Afterburner are fast on the ground, but Blast Off is a lot faster than any of the Technobots, so I think Combaticons take it in the air and can control the ground pretty well.

Overall, I think the Technobots are the most often misunderstood TF team... and the Combaticons perhaps the most underrated. I think it's Team Bruticus all the way.

zmog

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You beat me to it.

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Wow, SMOG. Your case is solid. Here, have a cookie.
    [​IMG]

~Z

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I think the winner of "the contest" would depend upon what sort of contest they are participating in. If we are talking combat, the Combaticons would stop all over the Technobots. If, on the other hand, the contest was checkers or a foot race, things might change. The contest you are pitting these two teams in is not defined and I just cannot vote until I know what sort of contest the two teams are in.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Combaticons win.

10. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Smog's on a diet, make it a Carrot ;) 

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not judging by this board! Combaticons reign supreme!!

12. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    If I was to say something, it would be a less useful, tl'dr version of this.

13. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    In terms of brains over brawn its clear that bruticus has a clear advantage over Computron due do the fact that Onslaught is a tactical genius rather than Scattershot who's a shoot first and ask questions later with that in mind onslaught and the other combaticons have a lot more battle experience than the technobots also the technobots are mainly shown fighting Abominus who is completely dumb so the advantage of the mind being greater is there but its not enough to contend with Bruticus

Bruticus hands down

14. Prime Killer

Prime Killer Omega Class

Combaticons take this one, next versus should be against the Aerialbots.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

That is actully incorrect.

While Onslaught is a tactical genius, that doesnt apply to Bruticus.

Both the Marvel Bio and the Japanese tech spec make note that Bruticus is not very intelligent.

From the Marvel Bio
    "He is not a creative thinker, and can sometimes even be a hindrance in battle if not properly prepared with instructions"

"he's not very good at taking initiative on his own. In fact, he's liable to stand around looking confused in the middle of a battle if nobody is there to tell him what to do."

From the Japanese tech spec [translated by TFU]

"Has small brain circuits, making him simple-minded"
    Inelegance rank 3.

16. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Combaticons, hands down. Even if they merged, Computron takes too damn long to figure out what to do. Onslaught and his crew would hand the Technobots their combined asses twice before they could react.

17. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I'm more of a Technobot fan -- Computron could do no wrong.
    Problem is, he tends to think things out, even during a fight. Sometimes this can work to his advantage. Bruticus, having been lobotomized by Megatron and Starscream, tends to think slowly for an entirely different reason. If he can dodge most of the shots, Computon will come up with the ideal counter-strategy and turn the tide.

18. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    In a fight, the winner would probably be the Combaticons. But I base that decision on the idea that neither team would merge. In a contest solely between the two combined forms, it might prove a more even match.

Strength
    In this area, Bruticus edges out Computron 10 to 9. Not that significant of a difference, but it's there.

Intelligence
    As Sto said, Bruticus isn't that intelligent. So it stands to reason that for all of Onslaught's intelligence and tactical acumen, it won't really help Bruticus. He gets spanked by Computron, 10 to 3.

Speed
    Another slim margin with Computron getting the edge, 2 to 1. This might be enough to negate Computron's strength deficit. If you're not as strong as your opponent, then be faster and learn to dodge.

Endurance
    Yet another slight advantage, this time to Bruticus with 9 to Computron's 8. In a protracted struggle this may help Bruticus capitalize on his strength advantage and negate Computron's greater speed.

Rank & Courage
    Well, rank is useless in a one-on-one fight such as this and they're equal in terms of courage (10 each). So both stats can be safely ignored.

Firepower
    Bruticus also has a slight edge here, 8 to 7. Combined with his strength and endurance, he could potentially weather Computron's attacks until he can connect with his own.

Skill
    Computron has a decided advantage here, 9 to 6. This echoes my earlier statement about Bruticus and how Onslaught's abilities have no real bearing on Bruticus' performance. With his greater speed and intelligence, Computron could potentially strike Bruticus in critical points (such as the Achilles' heel on his back) before the Con could get off an attack.

Summary
    This type of matchup could really be a long and drawn-out fight. Of course, the end result would still depend on which characterization we decide to follow. The tech specs say Bruticus needs to be given orders or he'll do nothing, yet the comics and cartoon both have him acting independantly. Computron is usually portrayed as overthinking everything and being slow to act because of it. But at least he still acts without being told to do so.

If we go with the first bio for Bruticus, I will say Computron would win as long as no one told Bruticus what to do before the fight started. If we go with the latter bio, then I think Bruticus might get the win.

End result: Bruticus by a very slim margin.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Mmmmmmm... chocolate chip.

I think we're talking about a fight. However, I think the Combaticons would stomp the Technobots at checkers too... unless they combined and let Computron play all the Combaticons at checkers. Of course each game played by Computron would take weeks, so in the end Endurance might be more of a factor than Intelligence. :D 

awwwwwww.... dammit!

How'd you know I was getting fat? :) 

This is a tricky point. It's true that Bruticus is not very smart... the truth is, very few Combiners are. Defensor is probably the smartest overall, since Computron's over-analysis quirk virtually negates his superior intellect in any kind of battlefield scenario.

On the other hand, Bruticus is considered to be one of the most successful combiners, simply because his mind does represent a fluid fusion, which allows him to complete tasks effectively and efficiently. He isn't quite as plodding as Devastator. He's not as volatile and deranged as Menasor. He's not as bestial and mindless as Abominus. He's not even as impulsive as Predaking. I think in a fight, he might be one of the more competent and skilled combiners... just don't ask him to show initiative or be decisive. In this sense, he's no worse than Computron.

In this case, if they combined and were to fight one another, I'd give them both the benefit of the doubt. Since there are no other opponents around, I'd expect both of them to decide relatively quickly to attack the other... but neither one will have the advantage. Computron will take too long to determine what strategic path he should follow, and Bruticus simply won't be able to come up with anything more creative than shoot/punch/kick till big Autobot falls down. :) 

Although Computron is, based on his lifting capacity from his long Marvel bio, probably the weakest combiner, I still find his 9 Str to be a bit strange. I mean, he can still lift over 200 tons... you'd think that would rate a 10, at least at the low end of 10.

Considering how low both of their speeds are, and how slim the margin is, I'm not sure if it will make much difference. Both these guys are S-L-O-W, but both have a pretty decent skill level. I really don't think either of them are fast enough to be doing any dodging. :) 

Computron not only has the lowest Strength of the combiners, but also the lowest Endurance... he really is the nerd of the combiner club. :lol 

Skill
    Computron has a decided advantage here, 9 to 6. This echoes my earlier statement about Bruticus and how Onslaught's abilities have no real bearing on Bruticus' performance. With his greater speed and intelligence, Computron could potentially strike Bruticus in critical points (such as the Achilles' heel on his back) before the Con could get off an attack.[/QUOTE]Assuming Bruticus even still has that big, stupid "off" switch...

The only issue here is that, no matter how smart Computron is, he is very slow to take any action. Essentially, he is a dysfunctional Autobot autist. By the time he deduces what the most vulnerable spot is on Bruticus, and decides how to best attack it (and he will undoubtedly be absolutely correct) the fight will already be over.

Poor Computron... I really am pretty hard on him. However, when you read his bio, it's difficult to deny that he probably has the most crippling disadvantage of any combiner.

zmog

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Technobots, Computron is strong enough to take the first hit or two before he figures how to take out the Combaticons with one move. I think Computron could take out Unicron given enough time.