Techno-organics Not Robots But Cyborgs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by psj333, Apr 12, 2009.

1. psj333

psj333 Banned

Because techno-organics are half Cybertronian and half organic, does this really mean that these Transformers including the Predacons and the Maximals are not actually robots but cyborgs, which means cybernetic organisms in short form?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

More or less.

Though I think it's a bit more of a balanced fusion between the two, rather then just robot bits on top of organic bits...I'm not 100% positive about that though.

3. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Technorganics are technorganics.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Win.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Cyborgs are only if the subject is a human is born, then combined with robotics that replace a good portion of the human parts at a later date (like Darth Vader). Anything else is considered Techno-organic (Including Sari, since she was a protoform that absorbed Sumdac's organic makeup aparently)

7. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Skynet called. The Terminators would like a word with you... :dunce 

8. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    The problem I see with "cyborgs" using wikipedia concept as a basis is the fact that the organism have both artificial and natural systems. But in a sense, with the techno organics, all their systems are both natural and artificial in a way. The synthetic and the organic seems indistinguishable. Since from what I can understand, they are merged at a cellular level. Maybe even molecular level, making all their systems both natural and artificial. They have a techno organic digestive system. Its acting like an animal's digestive track but can it be considered natural? They have techno organic energy weapons. It acts like an artificial construct, but can it be considered artificial? Also, we can add to the fire the question of whether we can use the concept of cyborg on an alien race. What's artificial to us is most probably natural to them. And Black Arachnia, Sari Sumdac, and Waspinator got their organics by technological(artificial) means. We can say that they are purely natural organisms because the Cybertronian aspects are natural to the Cybertronians and the organic aspects are natural to the animals from which they got their altmode. Then again maybe their purely artificial, since Cybertronians can be considered a purely technological race and their organics where obtained using artificial means.

If given a choice, I think I'll have to go with techno organics as something we havent encountered before from any of the previous shows.

This is just my opinion of course.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Something I've always wondered..I know in BM they are techno-organics, but how about BW? I was under the impression that the beast bots were still robots, just with nanocells that could mimick organic skins..or are they half fleshy as well?

Totally offtopic.

10. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    In Beast Wars, I don't think they were truly techno-organic. Their organic parts where still a bit separated from their technological forms. But the animal instincts could sometimes already over ride their programmings.

Maybe the TF wiki could help.

Maximal - Transformers Wiki

11. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

The Technorganics in Beast Machines are not Cyborgs because their systems are naturally a blend of both Organic and Mechanical/Electronic components; they do not have artificially developed and introduced systems in both the robotic/technological sense and also the anatomical usage. I think Waspinator technically qualifies as a Cybertronian version of a Transhuman, perhaps a Transcybertronian? (Transtransformer just sound ridiculous after all) As he was enchanced by use of science to introduce organic elements into his systems yet he does not have distinct introduced elements and original elements. He is a full combination with inseparable components. Black Arachnia probably fits in a similar definition technologically. Sari is a similar situation although it is hard exactly to say as Protoforms in Animated are not particularly well detailed and we have to infer a lot from previous franchises and make educated assumptions.

The Beast Machines Technorganics are harder though. They could be Posthuman version of Cybertronians, although I would think such a definition is more appropriate to the Transtech characters; the original concept was an evolution out of the BW/BM universe after all and the current continuity has them as being substantially more advanced than their regular Transformers from most continuities, save for the odd Dues Ex Machina and McGuffin.

The Maximal and Predacons who scanned and took on organic traits however I believe would qualify as they artificially introduced organic traits, as well as those of the animals they scanned. Also as Megatron's virus showed these could be isolated and deactivated as the Transmetals all reverted to original forms.

My verdict:

Beast Wars = Cyborgs
    Beast Machines = Trans/Post-Cybertronians
    Animated Predacons and Sari = Trans-Cybertronians

12. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

The Terminators of Skynet are not really cyborgs, even if the film says so. They're still androids, even if their outer shell is made from really fancy grown flesh that bleeds blood.