Heavy/Scratch: Teaser/WIP- Guess the characters, win a no-prize!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by catch22, May 28, 2008.

1. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just some stuff I've been working on. Most of this stuff is ~ 90% done, and there are a couple projects not listed here. Questions/Comments?

Attached Files:

2. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

swoop looks good, what is he made from? is vp going to be the last autobot?

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Swoop looks like he's at least mostly Energon Swoop. I shall concur with the Last Autobot guess (good call, too; I always thought he was based on LA far more than Alpha T), and the Evac repaint is quite clearly Springer.
    I'll assume Tidal Wave is becoming Broadside, because who doesn't want to do that? And is that a Terrorsaur repaint in the background..?

4. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Nice Swoop! Are you gonna take an Energon Tow-line for the head?

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think Ramrider got it!:bowdown: 

SHOOT!! I really wanted to win the no-prize!! I never don't win nothing!! :banghead: I had the Swoop and Springer(the easy ones!) Ah well, congrats Ramrider on your
    non-win! :lol  What are ya not gonna do with all that nothingness?

Anyway, enough kiddin' around!! They all look like they're coming along great!! :thumbs2: Keep us posted!!

6. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

The last autobot never came to mind:banghead: 

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. Personally I'm going to wait for the Target 2-pack Springer. I was at one point going to be doing a Last Autobot custom out of the VP mold, but I decided to make him into Scattersthot instead.

8. catch22

Ebay:
    All the guesses were correct...No-Prizes for everyone!

VP is indeed the last Autobot. Going to add a little more gold to his upper chest, and that'll be that. All the paint was dry-brushed to give him an old, worn look. I'm not sure how much I like it, I'll let everyone else be the judge when he's done and I take proper photos.

Swoop is made from Energon Swoop, and he will have a Towline head. Scratch building kills my motivation, so he's been sitting around semi-complete for too long now.

Terrorsaur is sort of an incidental custom. I use him as a test piece for my airbrush, as well as getting the right shade of red for Broadside.

Broadside will be done once my local hobby shop gets in Tamiya Thinner. I would like to do something with the arms, but I don't know if I really want to tackle that project.

I plan on getting the 2-pack Springer as well; his color scheme is comic-based, whereas mine is G1 cartoon based (though I'll still probably give him a yellow chest instead of a light green one)

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I wouldn't have gotten Last Autobot or Terrosaur, but I recognized the others.

These are all looking good. I really like the more accurate Springer deco. Last Autobot looks GORGEOUS in those colours... the VP mold lends itself well to an ancient, worn, metallic deco. Awesome.

zmog

10. catch22

Ebay:
    Thanks!

Hopefully scupltbot or someone makes a Springer head, cause otherwise I'm at a loss other than doing something similar to Bulkhead's like you did.

11. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Tell me, did the filenames of the photos reveal the characters' names before people guessed them?

12. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tell me, did you bother to look at the dates on the posts that reveal that this thread is over a year old?

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    lookin good!

14. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    wooooow, ancient Rez........but would be a good idea to see how well he's done so far.....if at all.
    :horse: 

15. catch22

Ebay:
    haha holy shit...my past has come back to haunt me

- Last Autobot is done and on my shelf.
    - Springer got taken apart and I used his white fists and legs for U. Blades. I just lost interest in him when I got the 2-pack Springer.
    - Swoop is sadly no more progressed than he is in that picture.
    - Broadside is actually a lot further along than he is in that above picture. He's mostly done, really. I just got so involved in redesigning his damn arms that I'm basically scratch-building whole new ones.

In the last two cases (Broadside and Swoop) I just a hit a wall with scratch-building parts. Eventually I lose interest, start something else, lose interest, start something else, and so on and so on. Also, I'm broke, so that doesn't help.

And that's my story!

16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    By far looking good. So all I have to say is keep us posted.

17. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I'd like to see what you've got done of Broadside, I think its an awesome idea, wish I would have thought of it.

As for your losing interest, yeah, I know what you mean, I started an Armada Galvtron, or at least what I think he should have been after the Minicons gave them all their Powerlinx powers on Nemesis planet, I mean, they say their armor was fused and rebuilt, well, Tidal Wave and Megs were combined, shouldn't they have been fused and rebuilt as well?

Aaaaanyways, yeah, he's in my KB box...rotting.....ended up getting to complicated for what I wanted.