Teaser promo volcano

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ninjagazz, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ninjagazz

ninjagazz Active Member

Just noticed in the episode Operation Breakdown Fowler mentions the area Breakdown was captured in (a peninsula in eastern Russia not sure what it is called) and says "Much of it was abandoned 20 years ago when it's volcano first erupted".

We also see a volcano seemingly erupting with dark energon in the new teaser promo do you think this is the same volcano?

also if MECH have taken over the area since it's been abandoned then what do you think their role is in all of this?

p.s sorry if someone has already made this observation before

2. ninjagazz

ninjagazz Active Member

Watching the whole episode through I cannot help but notice how prominently the smoking volcano appears in a number of background shots (I have spotted three)

1) When Prime and co exit the ground bridge

2) When Bulkhead exits the ground bridge

3) When Bulkhead and Breakdown exit the tunnel from the MECH base and start fighting MECH outside

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think the viewer is meant to think it is, but I'm not entirely sure it actually is. I'm going with a wait-and-see view on things.

I think that, after the events of Operation:Breakdown, they've probably abandoned the area too. Though if they haven't, I would imagine they would be, at the most, innocent bystanders.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The volcano in the teaser seems important. They are certainly building up to something big!

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I just want to note that the episode opens with Breakdown saying he ran into Bulkhead while tracking a stray Energon signature. And the volcano in the teaser seems to erupt with Dark Energon.

6. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Whether they say in the plot that it's the same volcano I dunno, but the idea that the same environments would be used makes sense from a budgetary standpoint.

7. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    It is even the same footage used for both.

8. ninjagazz

ninjagazz Active Member

That's true about them tracking a stray a energon signal, I had just assumed the energon signal was created by MECH to lure the bots there but maybe it's more to do with the area.

Guess we won't know for sure until we get more episodes, as mentioned above it could be a budget thing but if it does turn out to be the same volcano that's a nice bit of foreshadowing.