2D Artwork: Team Athenia

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by tehKOREANdude, Dec 24, 2010.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    So, Winter break has afforded me a lot of time to focus on my artwork. For those of you unfamiliar with my work, I am in the process of drawing every single Autobot designed for TFA. Today, (technically yesterday) I finished drawing up Team Athenia: Rodimus Prime's team.

Most of these are in 1366x768; so full desktop size if you want them.

While I haven't posted any Team Athenia pics up on my deviantART yet, you are more than welcome to check it out for even more Animated goodness.

Some commentary:

Rodimus
    Tried to make him look cool and leaned back. This incarnation definitely means business, and is the best at what he does. I tried to exemplify that here, without making him look cocky.

Red Alert
    I made her piece prior to the release of the second Almanac. Hence, her personality wasn't captured, as she is apparently a very serious war torn medic, like Armada Red Alert... Whoops.

Hot Shot
    This one I'm the most proud of. Since Hot Shot is supposed to be this dynamic character, I really allowed MM's toybox artwork influence me. Of my 30+ Animated pieces, I think this one comes the closest to capturing the feel of the show.

Brawn
    Easiest one I've ever done... Something about his design was simple to draw, simple to line up, simple to color. I dunno. Makes me want to draw him more...

Ironhide
    I struggled getting this guy's pose down. I wanted him to look like he's flexing. He's a bit of a 'ready to brawl' type o' guy so I wanted to show that here, with that smirk and the flex. Ironhide's color scheme is also kinda monotonous, consisting primarily of only one color (red), one, as I like to call it, 'fleshing-out' color (greyish purple) and some highlights. That and the flex make him kinda look like a squished clump of red.

These were all done in Adobe Flash CS5 Pro.

If you have the time and interest, check out my dA here:
    SHAMELESS PLUG

Attached Files:

2. BlackJaguar27

BlackJaguar27 Well-Known Member

Nice works, I like Brawn's frontal pose.

3. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    Yeah, makes him seem confrontational and "up in yo grill", if you will :D 

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Really well done! I love it!

5. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Great work! :D  I love anything Team Athenia related! Just got the AA2 the other day and how I wish we could have gotten that Hot Shot toy. Out of all the TFs you drew, I think Rodimus and Hot Shot turned out the best.

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Bloody marvelous! They look so good together. you drew and colored them perfectly!

7. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

These are sweet! I really like your Dinobots on DA. That Red Alert just makes me long for a toy that will never come. Awesome stuff!

8. tehKOREANdude

News Credits:
    Thanks! Team Athenia and the Dinobots are different from everyone else, cuz before doing the Dinobots, I was pretty content with static poses. Now I'm looking for more variety.