Teacher writes 'Loser' on child's assignments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackets, Mar 12, 2010.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Not only that, but my impression from the report is that the teacher is just trying to relate to his students so he's just calling them losers in a joking context. Cause come on, kids throw around the word "loser" without a second thought.

And it seems that this one mother is the only parent upset over this. Me thinks she was called "loser" a lot in high school.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    While I can not condone a teacher writing "loser" on a student's paper, I have to agree with this statement 100%. As teachers, we get blamed for so much by students, parents, and communities. We are all a part of the educational community and thus equally culpable. No one gets away blame free.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Good for the Teacher.

These little shits need to be dealt with early.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Well, regardless of whether she deserves it or not, that teacher probably has the right idea. Insults can seriously motivate a person.

:lolol 

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

I've had similar experiences with college students, but I wouldn't write loser(might think it) but wouldn't write it.

6. smkspy

I've left comments to effect that I thought/asked if students were stoned when taking their tests because no sober student would write such a bad/ill-informed essay.

7. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    In my day, the Teachers said far worse. Boo fucking hoo.

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Well, it is a girl in grade 6. I would love to see all you tough guys tell a 12 year old girl that she is a loser.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've always hated that word "excuse". Especially when a lot of times it was a valid reason that nobody believes! Excuse is over used.
    Sadly, the word "Loser" is the word of this genre and usually accompanied by shaping the letter "L" with your hand in front of forehead.

10. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I personally wouldn't because, as a parent, I believe in the power of positive reinforcement. I'm just saying that out of all of the things that can make the news, this is pretty ho-hum. I've had teachers go into swearing fits to the whole class in grade 5. I had a teacher call unruly kids all sorts of entertaining names in grade 6, of which 'loser' would have been pretty tame. Never mind what teachers did in my later years.

Yeah, I'm 21 years ahead of her. I'm just saying that if this is what makes the news and this is what people are getting bent out of shape over? Then we must live in a pretty sane and smooth society.

11. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I remember being verbally criticized back in my day. I took the A route and I'm pretty much an upbeat, outgoing person. I've learned from the harsh treatment and used it as a way to prove everyone wrong and fuel my goals.

This! Kids these days don't give a crap about their education and pretty much do whatever the hell they feel like doing. The sad thing is that we tolerate this kind of behavior and sometimes pity what becomes of them.

I had a teacher back in high school who would literally kid around with us in the same manner. We all knew it was a joke and we'd all play along with it. No one got butt hurt by getting teased like this. Sadly, that had to come to an end because one of his students from another class decided to rat him out to the administration as revenge for failing the class, not giving crap of school, and getting sent to the principal's office.

One philosophy I will borrow from my teacher is having those who could care less about a free education be let loose on a third world country, see if they would much rather had that harsh reality instead. And to think there are actually kids around the world who would risk dying just to be educated. Just my :2c: 

12. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I think she should embrace it, like Beck: "Soy un perdedor..."

13. smkspy

Except that plenty of kids have NEVER given a crap about school. Not giving a crap about school isn't some modern phenomena that applied once you leave school. For as long as there have been schools, there is also a large percentage of students that just don't give a fuck.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I have to agree T+C

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm kinda half/half on this one I see it as wrong but right in a way. She will inevitably face that pressure and harrassment in life so it's best to start getting use to it now. My teacher at school once told me about her college proffessor on the first day and what he said. "Wow you are all the most pathetic bunch of losers I've ever seen. How the hell did you all graduate?" The next day it turns out it was a test to see who would switch out of that class :lol 

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Were there any contests in class lately? Perhaps the girl didn't win the spelling bee or at kickball or something. So she's a loser. Maybe sometime, she'll be a winner, and get that 20% back.

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

What's wrong with plain 'ol F?

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Whatever happened to "big fat zero"? :lol 

That too.

19. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Even worse, I saved the pic.

[​IMG]

:lolol