TCP-001A: Custom City Commander by SGCollect

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by VE Telus, Jan 11, 2009.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

I personally think the head sculpt looks great. I think the unpainted pictures looked excellent and if they had taken a better picture of the painted version, there would be a much more positive reaction. Regardless, the Fansproject CC head has grown on me too, and it just 'fits' so well on that toy. I'm extremely tempted to buy this new set, but I'm currently leaning toward a PASS, just because I mostly feel content with my UM as he is. Can anyone tell me how much it costs and where to buy JUST the repro arm cannons?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I honestly see absoultely no need for this. The head that came with the armor was perfect to begin with.

3. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I see no need for this kit, no need at all

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was wondering where their website so I can find these. If anyone knows posted it up so that I can write it down. Thanks. I think its an approvement, but thats just me and the weapons are a nice addition to it as well.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    The very first post to this thread has all of the information regarding ordering the set.

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    This is insane. A custom accessory for a custom accessory :p 

That being said, they obviously put a lot of thought at work into it. I guess it will really depend on how much this ends up going for in North America.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    They missed a trick the gun is not invertable to be held by Standard Classics Magnus. also the head is slightly to small and sits a bit to high.

I can't see why they used the Actual long missile G1 Modern repro launchers as the mold - why not the proper short 80's Launchers as the base of the design?

I don't need the launchers if they are not a new mold - I can't see the point of them if they are exactly the same as Magnus Launchers - I might as well buy some spare G1 Launchers on E-bay if they are exactly the same design or just borrow the rockets of the magnus I have already.

If they'd been a new mold they could have found a way to lock them on the vehicle mode too.

9. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I echo a lot of the sentiment voiced here. Yes, the original City Commander is quite perfect the way it is, and the custom for a custom seems gratuitous when the effort can be spent improving another toy that can USE the change.

Regardless, I think the effort here is nothing short of amazing. The gun IS reversible, to answer the previous post, and the two gun pictures attached to the first post show how this is done.

And for those who are still undecided because of the long stacks issue, fear no more. Prodimus' supplier has promised to shorten the stacks. It will not be exactly like the vintage piece, but it will be as short as the original.

Good news all around!

And as an update, only 20 sets remain available at this time. For those still deciding, I'd suggest you hurry. Don't pay $80 like this guy.

10. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im gonna buy it just so i can have the option of switching the heads when i feel like it, kinda like the shadow commander piece but its the whole head that is switched, cant wait to receive it. thanks for posting this dude.

11. D Banks

News Credits:
    i got an invoice, its $30.45 with shipping. but you can also email him and ask about all the details, hes really cool.

12. D Banks

News Credits:
    i just talked to prodimus, he really wanted to say that the launchers will be shortened to be more g1 accurate. He just wanted to clear the air about that, i hope that changes some peoples minds about this custom. I for one am really looking forward to it, the reversible gun and the launchers are perfect since i dont have a g1 magnus to use for my city commander.

13. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks I'll go ahead and read that. And I already send an email to this person, so I hope to get a response soon.

14. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Well I have one missle plus launcher set and I'm waiting for the second set from Wheeljacks lab (cool ebay store). I'm buying this set because I truly like this head. I feel that its more G1nish and like someone said earlier dreamwave like. I feel like this is the magnus who faced down Galvatron in Target 2006 fought meansor on the dreamwave pages. And died with defiance in the original movie. I like the original head but this one just fits better IMO. Also if I ever get a shadow commander set I'll paint the extra missles purple and black!:D 

15. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Oh yeah by the way prodimus is mad cool.

16. jrxcombinetrain

jrxcombinetrain Just like combiners

News Credits:
    Yes, Prodimus is very kind and cool!!!!:drool: 
    I order 10 pieces including mine and my friends'.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Repro Parts - Radicons Transformers Customs

You can get just the launchers, just the missiles, or a modified G1 rifle. just the parts you want.

18. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Yup, Prodimus' a swell guy.

19. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Until this thread was started, the prices on Ebay for this thing varied from $90 to $130/150 so $80 probably wasn't that bad of a price at the time.

20. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    set looks nice...I want it!