TCC Magazine #23 now arriving.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Laser_Optimus, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Posted this in the other thread, but thought it warranted it's own (mods feel free to lock or delete if you don't think so). Anyways, got my magazine today and here's my impressions:

First off, let me say that the interviews are all very interesting and informative. Really enjoyed the ones with Su Blu and Bill Rawley (head designer for Universe).

On to the fun stuff:

Dinobot looks cool. Though he's kind of spindly like Cheetor so some people will dig it, but others won't... best part is that he's got a show accurate head though. He seems to be a little mistransformed though and there's no sign of his weapons. (listed as Deluxe Class Wave 2)

Hot Shot looks like A Hot Shot with a better design and more articulation... no pics of Jolt though. I'm curious to see what the little guy looks like. (listed as Deluxe Class Wave 3)

Interestingly... Smokescreen's robot mode pic seems to be an online exclusive as there are no pics of him in robot mode in the magazine. Just his alt mode on the cover...

Some other stuff... legends Cosmos, Warpath (he looks f-ing sweet... should have been a deluxe darn it! Though his alternate mod is also an H-Tank so I could see us getting a possible Animated Shockwave or Armada Megatron Legends out of him), Wheelie (sad that he looks better than his original toy) & Rodimus.

Mighty Muggs shows off Bumblebee and Soundwave.

Robot Heroes shows off Perceptor Vs. Hardshell (already seen it), Slag (Snarl) Vs. Sharkticon (already seen it) and Prowl Vs. Laserbeak... which looks cool. Prowl has this goofy little grin and Laserbeak looks like one of those overexagerated angry birds you'd see in a cartoon with his mouth open like something was just thrown at him or something... oh, and RID Prime and Megs are only shown on the front cover.

Also, the club comic finally starts to pick up and we see Alpha Trion really kicking some butt for an old man...

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Can you elaborate on Dinobot at all? Eg, how are his raptor and robot modes looking compared to the show model?

And when you say he's missing his weapons, does his tail seem to detach?

3. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's see... his Raptor mode looks more like a real world Raptor model (actually, if you were to ask me it looks closer to a Dynanycus -sp?-). From the one angle I've got of his dino-mode... it doesn't appear that his tail can detach. It actually looks like it's on a hinge that makes it swing up and into the main body in robot modes somehow (sorry, I've only got like two pics of the guy so I'm having to guess a little at all this). His upper thighs from raptor form seem to swing down to bulk up his lower legs in robot mode (though they appear mistransformed in the images as they're just hanging off to the side of the robot mode and there is a couple of what appears to be flip out pannelswith more of the bone design). Speaking of the bone design... even though they folded the head into his chest... the lower portion of his stomach has managed to work the bones into the design (based on his show model). My only major gripe is that he's not colored like his animation model at all... seems to be a grayish green with some tan on various parts... though his face is purple. Also, he appears to have normal hands with peg holes instead of his traditional claws... though they homage this by having the clase around his hands... another interesting thing is that his robot mode arms and hands seem to do what the old toys robot mode legs and feet did... stick out of his Raptor mode's chest like a sore thumb... maybe even worse with the claws designed into the outside of the fists on this one.

Again, he seems to be mistransformed to a certain extent, but I really can't say as to how much.

4. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i had no idea a legends Wheelie was on deck, that's funny. (still wishes that the legends were either bigger or basics so they wouldn't look QUITE as ridiculous with the mini-bot redo's hanging with the larger Classics) Warpath a legend and Powerglide an Ultra, where's the justice, lol.

did Bill Rawley give any clues to the future of Universe/25th?

and does Hot Shot have clear windows this time?

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wheelie?

WHEELIE??!?!?

HELL YES!

6. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He droped a few tidbits here and there, but really wouldn't give any concrete details on the future of the line itself. A couple things of note where that:

• They currently have no plans for Masterforce or Headmasters characters and that Victory will be recieving a 'little' tribute late in 2009.
    • Bludgeon was apparently on the table, but has been put off indefinently for now because the line is 'too tank heavy' already... still not sure that I buy this reasoning... I mean, if they're talking about Transformers in general yeah, but Universe is the line and we've only got, like, two that I can think of...
    • He also mentioned that when a design has potential for multiple characters they've been trying to work out a new head from the begining with Takara (so, I'm guessing retools for this line are thought out in advance). Though he did mention that iconic characters like Cyclonus they couldn't do this with as they really are just that... so any repaint of the character will probably be a 'themed' repaint... whatever that means.

Hot Shot does indeed appear to have clear windows in the picture I'm looking at. It actually makes the toy look soooooooo much better than the original just in that aspect alone.

7. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Interesting... although mind you, Dinobot has always had stuff that stuck out of the raptor mode chest. The one that handled that best was the Transmetal II Dinobot, I think.

Sounds interesting though. Although somewhat unimaginative if legs become robot legs and lower chest becomes the arms.

8. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

I assume that we could see a "Day Attack" Cyclonus or "Arctic Camo" Cyclonus. Just joking with these ideas, but that's what I'm assuming they mean when they say "themed" repaint.

I said this elsewhere, but I'd like for them to do an original character out of Cyclonus. Isn't there fiction out there that calls the "extra" Cyclonus in the movie Armada? There's a repaint idea for ya Hasbro.

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah... they could do the extra Cyclonus... but it'd have to be an all new paint scheme I'm guessing as... well, the 'Armada' character looked exactly like him...

10. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Let's see... Legends Megatron and Warpath, Animated Shockwave, Universe Galvatron and Onslaught, and of course if there's tanks in movie 2 they'll probably get multiple figures.

11. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

scanz possible?

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, like I said... it seemed to me he was referring to Universe as 'the line' and that mean Legends Megatron and Deluxe Galvatron that are out right now with Warpath coming (I don't consider Onslaught a tank, but I guess Hasbro might). It didn't seem like he was referencing the other lines by the way it was written... so three or four is too many? They don't seem to have that issue with their jets do they?

Nope. Against the board's rules. Sorry.

13. S250

S250 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how Wheelie looks like?

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm pretty sure you cant do that...you gotta be a member of the club mate...

also, maybe we'll see a themed repaint of cyclonus like he was in that one episode where him and some bots went through a black hole and came out all funny colored...or a SG cyclonus...

15. General Tekno

News Credits:
    You mean:

"Since you can't scan the book,
    How does Wheelie look?"

16. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Do an "Easter Cyclonus" that's pink and white.

17. S250

S250 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and how about Legend Rodimus???

18. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

It is Hasbro we are talking about. King of Repaints. I'm sure they can think of something. :wink: 

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the knock off white that was out. Just to give him a different scheme from his darks.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Colors are spot on... his head in robot mode looks spot on as well. Interestingly... he seems to look similar in vehicle mode to Bumblebee/Cliffjumper's Deluxe Classics versions (which makes me wonder if we might see a Deluxe Wheelie retooled from that mold later in the line, but that's just me speculating) so no sci-fi bubble cockpit weirdness in vehicle form. His robot mode looks different, yet still keeps a lot of the similarities so that you could see him and go 'oh, hey, it's wheelie'.

You know... I'm really kind of dissapointed that alot of the Minibots are only getting Legends molds so far. They look great, but they're totally out of scale with my other figures. They should have done like BB & CJ and stuck to deluxe class with them (though making them a little shorter and packing in something extra with them). Glade for all you guys who like these little things though.

20. S250

S250 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes,describe it....about what kind car?the head? compare with Jizaitoys' one?