TAW God Sword: My advice, don't buy it

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Victorysabre, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    I hemmed and hawed forever about buying this fan made accessory. I drooled over the pictures showing off it's versatility and general awesomeness. It changes from a giant sword to a smaller sword, two shields, and a flight pack with cannons. But at $70 + ship, it wasn't jumping into any virtual shopping cart very quickly. But during TFSource's holiday sale, I was ordering a bunch of other stuff, so I ordered the TAW sword to bump my order up to $200 to qualify for the free dinobot set.

Bad idea.

While the sword's design is amazingly awesome, the quality is less than stunning. There is some excess flash plastic that keeps the wings from going smoothly onto the back pack piece. Also, in general play, both of the shields had small parts break off. This means they can now NOT be held in place for God Sword mode. Luckily, the kit still works as the separate accessories, which is the configuration I prefer. The shields and fast pack can be attached to Magnus even with his armor on. The shields look even better this way, but the back pack may as well not be there. Way too small for that configuration. But, the versatility and thus a huge portion of the play value is now shot. That makes this $70 purchase an ouchy.

If it ever ends up being clearanced by ALOT, I would recommend it. It is cool, just not very high quality. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $25-$30 for it though folks.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Appreciate the review. I had pondered this for my Fort Max, but there's no large hilt option, if I recall. Or is there?

3. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    No. No way this would fit a Fort Max figure. Another company did a straight KO repro of the original God sword a few years back if I recall that fit FM

4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

5. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's too bad. It really did look cool, especially the black version on Wonderfest Henkei Black Convoy.