Heavy/Scratch: Taste the espionage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by tentagil, Jun 3, 2007.

1. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

A little taste of my current project. Modding is about 80% done, then I'll paint and assemble. Thought people might like to see the head though.

[​IMG]

A guy on Transtopia posted a LoC version of Cybertron Hot Shot as Punch, can't remember who it was, but that was the inspiration for this guy, and I think he's going to come out rather well. Oh, and yes thats a single head made from three heads. He will in fact be a Triple changer with to bot modes and one alt mode.

2. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Cool!!! Punch/Counter-Punch. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

3. tentagil

Still in rough modding phase, but thought another teaser of this guy was in order. Of course paint and dye work is still necessary, however the hard part is complete as you can see. He transforms without any parts removal, and the alt mode when its done will look a little different then Hot Shot's.

[​IMG]

4. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is very cool! I believe our very own Redline was the artist that came up wit the LOC version. Probably be able to find it on here with a search............if I wasn't so deplorably lazy.

5. tentagil

Yeah he was. He posted over at Transtopia and reminded me. I was looking for someone to turn into a Classics Punch at the time and then he posted the LOC and I went out and bought a Excellion to start bashing the next day. Killed my Hot Shot as well, but I prefer his CD version anyways so it works out.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah, in fact, a bunch of peeps are wanting me to take it to the Botcon contest :) 

EDIT: holy crap. I was gonna link to the gallery, but somehow it's slipped my mind and was never uploaded! wtf is wrong with me?? *L* :banghead: 

7. tentagil

Another teaser shot, pretty much all the mod work is done so I started painting things up. The orange stuff I'll start spraying tomorrow, and then I've got some last minute mod things to take care of, then in a couple of days I'll do detail paint and hopefully have him assembled and ready for a gallery by next weekend.

[​IMG]

Using Krylon Fusion if anyone is curious, well and a little testors for areas that are to hard to mask off. The windsheild area for instance is hand painted, the rest so far is all spray.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

wow that is so sweet!

9. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    WOW! One of my favorite G1 characters... can't wait for the completed project man!

10. tentagil

Well I'm an impatient person, luckily nothing got scratched in assembling these parts, and since It will take a day or two to complete the remaining mods on the back and arms so these should have time to finish drying/curing so that they should be nice and chip resistant when he's all done.

[​IMG]

Oh and decided to remove the cyber key thing so he's going to get some scratch built weapons thats will store where the wings used to me. Should be interesting, never tried this before.

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

this is looking really cool so far

12. tentagil

Hands are complete now, wrists are painted and drying. Still need to do the weapons, but not as much free time this week as I thought I'd have. Hopefully I'll get my reprolabels in the mail soon with the insignia I need. Thought about rubsigns, but decided with his faction switching thing rubsigns are kind of a mute point, each bot mode will be obvious what side they are with.

Trying to decide on some accent/detail coloring. Thinking silver over the blue for his shins, possibly a silver stripe down the Counterpunch chest as well.

Regardless of labels I'll have an assembled pic for you all by Saturday.

13. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice custom!

14. REDLINE

News Credits:
    just go by pictures of the original, that's what I did. he had those two windows for a chest as counter-punch, so I painted those two lil squares on the back of the torso silver as that.

15. tentagil

Redline thats exactly what I've ended up doing. Other then the guns he's ready rock. Jsut have to figure out how to make them now.

16. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is going to turn out really well, I can tell!

17. tentagil

Well he's done, weapons and all. Decided to drop the idea of making weapons to hide in the back pack since the space is so small and at least with my skills I couldn't get anything that looked decent small enough to fit. So instead I made two guns similiar to his G1 versions, and a little Energon Knife for when you have to get up close or jsut take them out quietly.

Not going ot post the whole Gallery here, jsut a few pics and a link if you want to check out the rest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a link to the full Gallery on my site. I've got my Dragstrip and a custom character named Tumbler on there as well. Need to do new shoots of some of my older guys and put them up as well.

http://www.tentagil.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=38

Critques, comments, let me know what you think people.

18. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gentlemen, we have a masterpiece on our hands!

19. REDLINE

News Credits:
    that would look sweet with my loc next to it. what'd you do to get the doors underneath the arms? I ought to do that.

20. tentagil

Classics Bumblebee donated his forearms. Had to mod the doors so once the mounted the car would look right, but the swivel hinge made the dual transformations possible with the arms.