Tarn's Mystery

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by power3921, Aug 30, 2014.

1. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

So, looking back over old discussion of the DJD, I see a lot of speculation about him having some sort of secret identity, but why? His face looks rather like a mask, but is there any other in-universe reason to believe he's "more than meets the eye", or is it just on the basis of thats the type of thing Roberts would do?

2. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

It's suggested that the DJD has several different iterations, much like the Wreckers.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    One thing is that he apparently changed his appearance in order to emulate the Decepticon cause.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We know that "Tarn" is a persona adopted by many individuals over time. The current Tarn is not the same as one from a few millions of years ago.

Also, JimBob has said that Tarn is someone.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

is that the one people keep saying is roller?

6. VRDUBZAK

VRDUBZAK Titan

News Credits:
    Yeah, but what if Dominus Ambus is Roller, who is right now being Tarn?
    [​IMG]

Just kidding.

Speculation on Tarn being Dominus Ambus now though due to some events in MTMTE 32. See that thread for spoilers and speculation.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Wait... we do? When/where was this revealed? I knew about Magnus, but not Tarn.

8. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes it was stated that their names are code names which implies they are elected trained whatever and stay until there is a reason to get a new one. Kind of like Buffy. When she died a new DJD member was chosen. Wait.... Lol

I like the idea of cities as code names

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

There was also the scene between Prowl and Chromedome, where Prowl referred to "Tarn" in quotes. Something about that always felt like Prowl knows who Tarn is (or was), and using the pseudonym with a fair amount of self-awareness.

So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Tarn is someone known to high-ranking Autobots... perhaps he was even an Autobot at one time, and changed sides.

Here's a question... when Rewind and Chromedome first met, Rewind was snooping around Reclamation Clinics looking for Dominus Ambus. The assumption was that he figured he might find him looking for an assisted suicide... or his body.

But what if he was looking at Reclamation Clinics because Ambus had the ability to talk people to death? Maybe he was easing people's pain, using his power as a form of euthenasia? This also might explain why Rewind was the only one to survive the Lost Light II massacre...

Just a random thought, in case people felt like putting another notch in the "Tarn = Dominus Ambus" column. :) 

zmog

10. gregles

gregles quintesson

I kind of want tarn to be tarn but if he has to be someone else I say beast wars megatron or whatever he called himself before he adopted that name would be awesome

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, a lot of us are thinking Roller because of the similarities in their size and shape. Also, there's already a mystery surrounding Roller... where did he go? Why is Prime's go-kart named Roller now? We know that Shadowplay was the last time Optimus, Ratchet and Roller were all in one place together, so it really encourages speculation about what might have happened to him.

If "Tarn" turns out to be Dominus Ambus, that wouldn't be a big deal, since Dominus isn't really a character we know. Effectively he just remains "Tarn". And we do know that Tarn was somebody before he took up the mask, obviously. It's not like this is who he's always been... even if this might be who he is from now on.

zmog

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's another compelling physical reason. Roberts went wellllll out of his way to point out that Roller is a .01% "heavyweight."

That means he's a candidate for the "Phase Sixer" process that Prowl believes Tarn has undergone.

13. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I notice that the phase sixer process drives a mech insane. IF Tarn is an Autobot that went insane by the process of becoming a Phase Sixer then it stands to reason why Prowl wants it. I think Prowler would want the power without the madness.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned Tarn is or was Roller until proven otherwise, I even read them with the same actor in mind.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Dominus Ambus was in fact a scholar and Tarn is said to also be a scholar. There´s also the fact that the damage done to Minimus after he was killed was done to humiliate him.

16. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    You know, the Dominus theory has a snag. Most people say it explains why Rewind was left alive, but that complicates the death of Magnus. If they're both from the house of Ambus, why would he kill Magnus? Was there some bad blood I'm not aware of?

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Because Minimus is an Autobot? To Tarn that might be a paddlin.

18. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yeah, but so is Rewind. Why would he spare his old friend, but not his kinsmen?

19. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Dominus Ambus is Tarn. What and who made him be a scholar and assassin? Dominus Ambus did not struck me as a violent psychopath type. Most people will never bother with sparring Rewind.

20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Great speculation in here. :)  Definitely food for thought.