Tarn's Identity Revealed MASSIVE MTMTE #55 SPOILER

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jul 26, 2016.

1. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So do we know who all the DJD were?

Who was Roller as he reappears at the end of the episode.

2. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    We know everyone but Kaon's name.

Tarn -
    Glitch
    Vos 1 - Agent 113 -
    Dominus Ambus
    -
    The Pet
    Vos 2 -
    Forestock
    Helex -
    Crucible
    Tessarus -
    Scissorsaw

Roller is
    just Roller. The Necrobot saved him after that attack where we last saw him during the time travel arc and he's been sleeping since.

3. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks.

The identity reveal was a bit of non-event given how little that character was in the comics. Not to mention their body was completely rebuilt to fulfill that function.

Roller was a common pick as their body types matched.

Ah well.

4. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Roller was always Roller. Tarn was Glitch, whose real name was Damus.

Im glad Tarn was glitch... i was having real trouble believing a bot like roller could become tarn - their personalities were way too different. Tarn was all grand and symbolic, followed the rules, paperwork.
    Roller liked tv and being in the team Pax with his best bud Orion. I dont think being 'abandoned' mid battle would be enough to turn him into Tarn, im sure hed be pissed off, but seems decent enough, and woukdnt do a 180 like that.
    Plus he's MASSIVE, likeTarn would come up to his chest, tops. Why would roller want a smaller body?
    I like the reveal, but as has been said Tarn is Tarn - seeing Glitch become Tarn would be great, and interesting but not necessary at all i think

5. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My biggest disappointment is we didn't get to see the long anticipated Overlord vs Megatron that has been brewing for some time.

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would hope that to be another collaboration between Roche & Roberts.
    They can do the fusion dance and turn into their proper selves (self?) ----- George R. R. Martin and kill off some more bots we really love! ;p
    Joking aside, I think that lead up --> beat down should totally be handled by Rocheberts.

7. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    I totally agree. I had felt that if Tarn really was Roller, the real reveal was going to be explaining what the hell happened to Roller to make him capable of the horrors Tarn was responsible for. It also would have sunk the character as irredeemable for me. With the way it actually turned out, we have Roller back and with Rodimus and Co. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

8. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

i was actually glad that Tarn was not Roller , he was basically a minor character in the flashback, without the "Tarn" identity, he would have been a nobody.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Roller IS a nobody... just an old friend of Orion Pax named after a go-kart, who has been hanging around the periphery of the series for a long time.

In that sense, I would have been happy to see Tarn revealed to be Roller, because I have no investment in Roller, or in having him "back". If he had turned out to be an irredeemable Decepticon ideologue and mass-murderer, that would still make him more interesting than he's been to date. It wouldn't be a "waste" for him to have been a long-running villain (though I guess Tarn is out of the picture now...)

Of course, now Roberts is under new pressure to make Roller actually worthwhile. As it stands, I'm not sure what the character has to offer that's distinctive and isn't already covered by other characters in some way.

I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

zmog

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Here's hoping he does more with Roller than he did with Thunderclash. Or Velocity. Or... the boat guy. Thingy.

11. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Tarn would send me into the smelter to be melted down and forged into the New Decepticon Man.

12. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait is Roller just gonna be the new "explain this facet of cybertronian culture/aspect of the Great War" character like Tailgate and Nautica were for the past two seasons?

13. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

probably

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Yes, for all the reasons Smog listed + apart from some people still thinking he had some deep brothers in arms emotional friendship with OP that made his dissapearance cut OP to the core he is basically just a big friendly powehouse and people like that kind of stuff but i dont see what Roberts can do with the guy.

I liked Riptide, he was a lot like Skids. They where both just regular normal easy guys and i wouldnt have minded seeing more of both of them (plus Rips has a kickass altmode) and i think it was brave of Roberts to include such characters, but bravery aside he apparently has no use for them.

15. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Well-Known Member

Before you go diving into molten metal for super powers just know it'll kill you.