Target's inventory system....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JCMGTX, Oct 12, 2008.

1. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how it works? The reason I ask is if you go to their website and look up Shockwave and Skywarp, it says check store.

So I did, and it says my store has them, my local targets that is. Now I see the DPCI is the same for all voyagers but the ASIN is different. So is it picking up that they have Voyagers or that they have those specific voyagers?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok now I'm really anxious. Target's site says it is available and so does the website you posted. They both show available at my local stores. That is both Shockwave and Skywarp. Now I wonder how I make them get them for me. Hmmmmm

4. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. It says all my stores have Shockwave too. Too bad they have a load of old voyagers to clear out before the new ones will hit the shelves.

5. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

ok, forgive me for my ignorance, but that inventory checker you linked to is for Shockwave?

Hmm....I smell a hunt coming on next friday.

6. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That # in the link is for a GI JOE toy. Shockwave's ASIN # is B001APYO6A. You have to paste it in there.

7. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

I worked at Target for almost 6 years. Cataclizm is right the DPCI search is useless because DPCIs in the instance of action figures are tied to a certain kind, not a certain figure. Since transformers come in casepacks and are assorted within the casepack all the DPCI will tell you is if the store has the deluxe, or ultras, or voyagers, etc... but not specific figures.

At Target we actually had a policy that we couldn't go into the backroom and look for certain figures or anything for customers because Target "wanted to be fair" to everyone. One trick that I've seen collectors do is say if your looking for a certain deluxe figure, take the current deluxe figures from the shelf and put them somewhere else like say with the power rangers. Then grab an employee, usually a younger looking one that is probably clueless or just simply doesn't give a crap and show him the empty pegs where there "should" be the deluxe figures and ask if there are any in the back. Don't be specific and you'll just have to take the chance that they'll bring out a case which has what your looking for in it.

8. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Yeah, I ran into the issue this past summer, decided while I was there to see if they had Air Raid from the movie scouts, one girl said no, that it would be too confusing. A few minutes later a dude walked up to just see if there was anything he could help with. Showed him the picture on the cardback and described the size, couple minutes later he returns with a couple for me and the shelf.

Guess it depends on who you ask as well. I put in Shockwaves number and it shows in stock.....this is getting interesting.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Sweet holy christ, that site says all the stores around me have Shockwave, AFTER I plugged in the correct ASIN. Anyone got the numbers for Swindle/Blurr?

10. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont know, it seems to produce the same results as the dcpi, as i put in both megs/ultra magnus and got the same results. I also tried powerglide/onslaught and got the same exact thing

EDIT: Ya...i dont think the ASIN works. According to that, every target store in my area has Protoform Starscream still.

11. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Pessimist:
    Right now it sounds like the ASIN no works as well as the DPCI NO.
    Not.
    What are the odds that they all have shockwave in back, 2 months ahead of time.
    I'll believe target has them when i see pic & receipt.

Optimist:
    I actually hope you're right.
    Seeing shockwave early would be nice.
    Could use a new animated about now.

Pessimist again:
    BBTS dates have been very reliable gauges so far in animated.
    I don't think we're seeing this till dec.

Optimist again :
    But i've been wrong before.

12. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Now I'm not sure if this is the case for this or not but here is another thing to remember.

Everything at Target is set up according to planograms and has set dates. Plus the stores will usually start getting their product in for these planograms several weeks in advance. So for certain items that are being released in November it is likely, though not guaranteed, that they are starting to come in on the trucks. As these planograms have set dates they also come in bunches. The team lead (Supervisor) for that area will usually have between 10-20 planograms to set all by one set date. This is where you'll see the discrepency between some stores have things set earlier than others etc... its just up to that supervisor and which planograms they do first.

13. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

I work at target and how it works is:
    All of the voyagers for each individual line has a Dpci # for all of them so it is that if they have any of the voyagers then it comes up as they have them but there is no way to tell what they are individually...

14. CaptainEO

CaptainEO New Member

Just went to my local Target (which said they had a Shockwave according to the site) and had someone use their scanner to check to see if they had any animated toys in the back. They did not, he even showed me where it said "inventory 0" on the gun, so I think jwarenec1 is correct.

Not a total loss though, I picked up a few other figures I've been wanting :) 

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, this doesn't work. The ASIN is tied to the DPCI... so it basically produces the same results as plugging the DPCI in. Trust me... I've been watching my store like a hawk and we haven't got any of the new waves in past three, but the search tells me they have Shockwave based on the ASIN... this is not true as I would have seen it and picked it up.

Trust me. If my store had them in... I'd have pulled them off the line and bought both Skywarp and Shockwave and posted pics with receipt by now.

16. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well some local used the system and found their Ultra Magnus. Could have been coincidence. Yet now HTS has Shockwave and Skywarp in-stock, soooo if they are ahead of schedule then maybe this does work.

17. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    my only question is how do you find the ASIN #s for these figures?

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

1.) Target.com, search for the item you're looking for.
    2.) Scroll halfway down, and click the Additional Info tab.
    3.) ASIN, Catalog, and DPCI numbers will be listed right there in the box.

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Targets where I live also says Shockwave and Skywarp are available. I went to one of them yesterday and I did'nt see them. I gave the website my email address to let me know when I can order them online from Target.