Targetmaster or Henkei Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Sep 16, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

I'm building up my BB collection and trying to take advantage of the sale at BBTS. Any advice on wether to got Henkei or movie Transscanning BB? Thanks!

2. justinRODimus

wow, i really meant to say transscanning in the title, but i was still thinking about the thread about targetmaster hot rod! XD

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei BB it is my fren! as for the transcanning movi BB, that thing is fragile as a deck of cards.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Henkei BB is the way to go.

5. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Henkei for sure. The transcanning figs are kinda lame to me.

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I say get something else and get the new WM Classics BB from the 3 pack and send the other 2 BBs into BBTS for store credit.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    not sure about the transcanning one but i can give a positive vote for henkei bumblebee..
    very nice fig

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'd save your money, to be honest. The transscanning figures look really terrible and flimsy. And if you have Classics Bumblebee you don't need to get the inferior Henkei version (and if you don't have Classics BB, just go get the Wal-Mart three-pack, that version still looks better than the Henkei one).

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I can't see how Henkei Bumblebee is inferior to the Classics version. I have both and like the Henkei one MUCH more. Chrome, G1 paint job, and tampoed insignias for teh win!!

10. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I like the more vibrant shade of yellow they used. That, and the red autobot logo. I just wish he had a gun.

11. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    HENKEI! fo' sho'.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been hearing about horrible QC issues with the Tran-Scanning guys, so I'd say go for the Henkei 'Bee.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless the Trans-Scanning concept really interests you I would say the Henkei one for sure, though I would be more inclined to pass on both and wait for the Legacy of BB 3 pack as the Classics one in there looks really good in my opinion.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yeah I originally thought that as well, but then seeing the sloppy paint apps in person, along with the fact he was the only bot I wanted out of the 3 pack, convinced me NOT to get him. If I was going to pay $28 for a single Bumblebee it was gonna be a good one, I'm happy with my Henkei Bee and made the right choice getting him!:thumbs2: 

15. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had hasbro bumblebee and then bought henkei bumble bee to replace it. i like em both but the henkei release IS bumblebee. being honest ive replaced all my hasbro classics with henkei figs. my henkei wildrider arrived today too whoop!

16. justinRODimus

thanks for all the feedback, i should have made it said that i DO have the WM Legacy of Bumblebee three pack and that sucker isn't going to be opened. I want a Bumblebee to open and play with so I'm leaning toward Henkei (it's probably cheaper than an original Classics), but Transscanning appeals to me more in that it's somewhat unique and not every average joe will have one. I'm going Henkei though, maybe Transscanning will go on clearance if he really isn't all to good.

17. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Henkai FTW!

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I'll be the nonconformist and say you should've gotten Trans-Scanning, a good challenge and 5 modes

19. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Any version of Classics/Henkei/LoB Bumblebee works. But if you get the Walmart 3 Pack, be sure to get the best looking one. Mine is pretty good aside from hardly noticeable paint scratches (and they're only 2 or 3 of them, again, hardly noticeable at all).

Transcanning figures, which I don't own, look like a good concept. But the way it was executed, and the imported price they're asking for, buy all the Henkei figures you want over the transcanning.

20. justinRODimus

mine is near perfect only the toys are in stupid poses. Premium Movie BB's whole body is leaning forward, Animated BB has his head down, but Classics BB is ok. Box is near perfect except there are like little smudges on the plastic window that don't come off, I meant to ask here if there was a way to clean those up, if noone answers here, I'll make a new thread in a while. paint looks excellent on mine.