Minor/Repaint: Targetmaster Nightstick for Alt. Ricochet

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Donocropolis, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Donocropolis

Donocropolis Well-Known Member

I made this little guy quite a while ago, but just now took some good enough pictures of him to put up. I made him out of an old Micromaster Roadhandler my wife picked up at a garage sale and a Cybertron minicon Razorclaw. His gun mode still is basically a guy bent over with a gun shoved up his butt, but at least he's a little more articulated in robot (or guy-in-a-suit) mode.

Almost wish he was a little bit bigger so he would look more natural with the car. Right now he's about 4 foot tall (scaled down to 1:24). I guess Nebulons aren't the tallest bunch.

Attached Files:

2. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I have never thought uf using minicons to make Micromasters, but you have nailed it. I suppousse the little guy fit right inside the car.
    I love it, and now I have to try to make my own. Great job, Donocropolis!

3. djs in disguise

djs in disguise Active Member

nice work with the simple transformation its even more like a target master and he still looks good as the shoulder cannon

4. Donocropolis

Thanks, man. The minicon and micromaster parts were pretty much exactly the right sizes to go together, so it was a pretty simple 'bash.

He can, but given his slightly too small size, it looks like someone is letting a robotic 10 year old drive their car.

I think so, too. I have quite a few of the Suburu mold, so I've tried to do some things to help differentiate them.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Very Cool!! I love me some minibots!! Great job!:thumb 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Alternators-Binaltech/Ricochets-Targetmaster/

Searching the Radicons gallery FTW :wink: 

I would also like to say that you've done a really nice job here with your piece! I like how yours is close to the original Targetmaster and the overall feel that it gives Rico. Great work :thumb *

(*I apologize for not mentioning that sooner, but when I was checking over threads I was multitasking. Usually that spells FAIL for me :lol )

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yes Allen can't multi-task very well :lol 

I must say its cool to see someone else making a set of these, just because the idea is so darned awesome. I honestly thought it was a no-brainer the first time I saw SQ7's years ago, but I guess I was wrong, eh?

8. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I forgot completely about that custom. And I was amazed when I see it for the first time. Man, I'm getting old. Thanks for reminding, dude.

9. Donocropolis

Thanks, man. Yours is (are?) awesome as well. Your combined rifle mode looks especially fantastic.

I know what you mean. I made mine pretty much right after I got Ricochet (and painted his face to remove the white nose). He just doesn't seem complete without his little buddy.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey, thanks for the props! I had thought about just making one robot/gun, but when I had those two Minicons, I just felt it a shame to sacrifice the combiner technology already present. I liked the idea of having smaller drivers and also giving them more of a robot transform than simply from gun>robot. I also was keen on the idea of really arming Ricochet well. :) 

I felt the same way, man. Stepper/Ricochet has always been a favorite of mine, and I was in the minority of really looking forward to this toy [as an Impreza because I was glad it wasn't the obvious repaint of Meister]. Even Ricochet's face didn't bother me (it's different :) ), but I really wanted a Targetmster. Right after I got Ricochet, I started in on this guy. Ironically enough, it was a side piece for me. I was working in the midst of some customs and I'd tinker around with this custom while paint was drying. I found that once I worked out everything, I really got into the custom! To date, the photo gallery was one of my favorite to shoot with posing the binary partners "hanging out" with Ricochet. :) 

Just a preview of coming attractions, I've got some more "binary partners" to tinker around with while other customs dry :) 

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I missed this donnie,

That is really cool work there.