Target... :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I am really getting to hate Target.

A month ago, I go to a Target to preorder a Pokemon Platinum game. After we preorder it, I find out about the Giratina figurine promotion. So I go back to the Target and say they owe me a figurine. The employee tells me that we get one when I receive my game. So today, my bro goes to Target for a present for my mom, and he asks about the figurine.

The employee tells him he was supposed to get one...WHEN HE PREORDERED!!! THEN THEY TELL HIM THAT THEY'RE SOLD OUT!! :banghead:  ARRGH!

Now I have to resort to evilBay to get one. When my bro goes out on Saturday, he's going to try to find two, and if he can't, my dad's going to go on evilBay to find one.

:mad 

Why do you hate Target sometimes?

2. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you try going to your local Best Buy? They seem to have a load of them still at our place.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh. That sounds about right. I work for them and that's the kind of morons you put up with during the day...

4. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

dont you have a gamestop?

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

apparently he doesn't. i reserve all my games at GS. they're cool.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

They still make Pokeman?

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I have a friend who used to work at Target. He's an avid Star Wars action figure collector and one morning when he went in for work his buddies had set aside an entire case of action figures just for him. An entire case! I don't collect Star Wars figures anymore but when I'm out hunting for DC Universe Classics figures or the latest Transformers and can't find them, I know that this is one of the reasons why.

8. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Christ, even I don't do that. All i did was put a note on a copy of Gears 2 CE and leave it at that.

9. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

90% of places don't let employees hold merchandise for themselves. Anyways, I would take me business elsewhere.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Completely unrelated but Berserk Hollow Ichigo pulling that force-esque move with Zangetsu and owning Ulq in CHapter 350 kicked ass I only wish Shirosaki provided some banter

But yeah Target sucks especially the one in Somerville, MA.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yep....and it is still going strong (the games and the show, the card game got killed by yu-gi-oh....they still make cards but pokemon cards just aren't popular anymore)

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It didn't happen at Target, but once I preordered Silent Hill 4 from gamestop, which you were supposed to get the soundtrack for, and when I preordered it they said they didn't get them yet. When I go to pick it up, I was about the only person who preordered and the clerk said they just gave them all away to people. I had them call around until they found one that had a soundtrack left. You should really bring this up with a manager- they could probably find you one somewhere.

EDIT: Oh, when I went to pick it up, besides telling me they didn't have any, the clerk also said "oh, well people don't really care about the silent hill soundtracks usually so we didn't think it was a big deal". Which is actually totally the opposite as most fans put the soundtracks in high regards.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I feel kind of sorry for Target employees. Not in your case since they did'nt honor the deal, you should've got that figurine.

But in other ways there's 2 sides to every story. Id love to read a Target employee rant thread. Some collectors & ebay scalpers can seriously drive some employees crazy with the toys.
    Some of you are merciless when it comes to making employess constantly check for stuff :lol 
    They probably have important things they're worried about ,like family & trying to cover the bills with their Target income, but can't concentrate because some collectors won't ease up with the toy obsessions and let them breathe.

Keep that up and soon Target will just put a sign up over the toy aisle saying
    "All sold out, Fu*k you, go away"

14. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    I bought the Nerf Titan from target on clearance for $10 along with the IronMan blaster also for $10. Then the next day I go to Target; they have the same gun, same price, but this one is blue and it comes with a bonus gun! I lost $30 in 2 days. Also, Target sucks for raising the price on TFs to compete with Wal Mart, THAT'S NOT HOW YOU COMPETE WITH WAL MART THAT'S HOW YOU LOSE CUSTOMERS! Forgot to add that I spent most of the second half of last year hunting a yellow Jetrax, and they never had one but it's their exclusive!

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I do have one, I was just at Target with 5 bucks. I do reserve the spin-offs at Gamestop though. Gamestop is annoying even more than Target with exclusives, although the Gamestop people are nice.

I should have gotten one. So, I just said 'Slag it, I'm going to TRU' and I got a figurine there.

I feel sorry for those who need that job, but dealing with the eBay sellers and scalpers are part of their job. If they do a good job, people tell the managers that the employee is nice and needs a raise/promotion.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    sounds more like a promotional error rather than a regular day to day store routin error; either way Target over walmart any day

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only headache i ever had with an employee just being lazy and lying to me was back when i got my PS1 and was looking for Resident Evil (1) at walmart. at the time they had a huge glass case to display the games and in the middle was a cabinet door with extra games stacked inside. Clerk told me they were out, and i asked him to look anyway. he told me repeatedly as he got the key they were out. opened the case, and in the middle were three copies.
    ugh.

I agree, that if it weren't for rabid evilbay scalpers or kids that ate 5 too many bowls of coco puffs being all too hyper and unaccepting of rejecetion, working at target or TRU would be a smidge easier, lol.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I wish Walmart would take note of Target's checkout system.

Walmart has about 50 checkout lines side by side, but you're always waiting in line for some reason.

Target has abou 15 lines and there's always a register open.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Funny you should say that cause my WMs always have more than enough lines open, but our Target only two-three open at one time. I HATE checking out at the Target. Though I do like that some Targets have the scanners that tell you if there is any stock in the back.

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You must live near some good Targets. The Target I frequent the most has ~23 check-out lanes and the only time they open more than 3 lanes is around Christmas. They don't even have the Express (< 10 items) lanes open most of the time. The other three Targets I frequent are much the same.

Not that Wal-Mart is much better, granted. While the ones I frequent tend to have a greater proportion of their available check-out lanes open, they're busier, so it's still always lined up.