Target stores: Where are the Alternators? + a Metroplex question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sepultron, May 19, 2006.

1. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Does anyone know if Target is still carrying the Alternators line? There are 2 Targets in my town, and neither one has had any Alternators since the beginning of the year. One store doesn't even have the tag up for them anymore. Just wanted to know if this was a nation-wide trend, if I missed something, or if my local Targets are just messed up. Thanks.

...and on a somewhat-but-not-really-related-topic: Saw about 10 Metroplexes today between two Walmart stores. One store had 2, the other had 8 (or at least six). The 2 at the first store had really fudged up paint jobs (and crushed boxes), so I didn't get either one. The 8 at the second store... all stacked precariously on the very top shelf. Only could have reached them with a ladder. Sorry, but I wasn't about to have an employee get all 8 down to see if they were as messed up as the first 2 I saw. Anyway... has anyone noticed if the Metro's they've seen suffer from the same sloppy paint apps?

Thanks.

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    My Target has been out of alts for two weeks. (I've been hunting for Alt OP)
    I did ask someone and they said they would still be carrying them. I wouldn't worry yet, or you could ask. :) 
    I'm actually hoping for the wave with Mirage, if they hold off on them much longer. Then I could get him and Prime :D 

I've been to several Wal Marts...no Metroplex yet, and none of the local ones carry alts anymore :(  :horse: 

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

My Metroplex is fine. All of them were actually okay from what I saw.

Also, Target is still carrying Alts. That's where I got my Ricochet and Rollbar when they hit.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My three local Targets are completely out of Alts. In the hope they might have had a case in the back, I had the guy scan the number at one store, and he confirmed they had none.

I don't think it's anything to worry about - in fact, I'd imagine we'll be seeing a LOT of Alt Primes soon as new cases roll into stock.

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The targets here have plenty of them, however the Walmarts on half of town have not had any since Silverstreak, but the other do. Whoever is incharge of ordering for those stores is either an idiot, an asshole or both.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Target here has them, but there's never more than 4- 6 of them out.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Targets have alts up to Rollbar and Ricochet. No Primes yet. Metroplex's seem to be ok as far as paint jobs from what I've observed.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I need to go to my local Targets tomorrow. Need to see if they got the clearenced Devestator.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my Target stopped carrying alts for 6 months, then outta the blue when the packages changed to the current form, they got a case of them in, and they were sold within a single week. and guess what? not ONE single alt has been there since! :banghead: 

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The Targets here still have them. It looks like the Wal-Marts have stopped stocking them again, though.

11. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    target and TRU seem to be the only two stores taht stock Alts at all anymore. But none of the Targets or TRUs I've been two have ever stocked anything past the Skids/Prowl/Tracks/Sunstreaker wave... hell, TRU has gone back to putting out older waves. The one with SHOCKWAVE and Battle Ravage.

As for Metroplex... I've only seen two of him at one Wal-Mart and they both looked fine. Painfully mistransformed to fit in the box, though...

12. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    The target near my house just the Optimus wave in, but I missed it :(  and the Target I work at seems to get new alts in about once a month.

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Target is still carrying them; we got a Prime case in maybe two weeks ago, half the case is still there. They're really slow to get a new case in when they sell out though, I think it's just how they're ordered. I'm under the impressions that they'll only get one or two cases per wave per store (depending on the time between wave) so if the Mirage wave is supposed to be out soon then my store likely won't get anything else till then.

One a side note, at least some Targets stopped carrying alts for a couple months last year. From sometime around V-day until early summer I think (probably when they reset with Cybertron?); I had to go pretty far away to get Shockblast and Wheeljack.

Haven't seen any Metroplexes yet. :mad  Hell, my store hasn't gotten a leader case since before xmas, we never saw a single Galvatron.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was reading Game Informer and came across this lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was suprised to see a TF on a gaming calendar.

15. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The store in town got that assortment too. Pissed me off since I was looking for Ricochet/Rollbar at the time and they only got in ONE case of them. Then they followed up with a bunch of old Alts, including a full case of Smokescreens. Oddly enough, all of them have sold. The spot for Alts has been empty for weeks.

The Target by my house is run by retards. They carry Alts, but don't sell any. Why? Because they let new stock sit in back and fill the shelf with Tracks. Does anyone buy Tracks? Not anymore. Will we get Prime? Probably when hell freezes over.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my target didnt' get alts at all after swindle... until prowl in bubbles came out.. but after it sold instantly, they havn't gotten more in :banghead:  and no new leaders since christmas, and everyone here is backlogged with defense red alerts so I won't be seeing menasor for awhile either :( 

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now that I've seen (and bought :) ) Metroplex, I can comment on the paint. The TRU I went to had 4, I looked at 2. The first I picked up was a little sloppy on the edges of one shoulder right above the autobot logo and I think in one other spot, so I grabbed a different one. Turned out this one has a partial fingerprint in the paint on the other shoulder. So yeah, not the great QC so far.

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

All my Targets still have the same alts that no one has bought and have been sitting there for the last three months.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    One store had the Sunstreaker wave, a store I went to yesterday did have the Prime wave, and I snagged up Prime.

David Magnus and I were talking and a few days ago his local Target had no Alts and no Leader class figures. Two days later, he's found Metroplex and Optimus Prime at that very store.

20. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just picked up Ricochet and Rollbar at Target in Fayetteville, NY so yeah they're out there still