Target Stores Reset Info?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sportimus, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know when Target is supposed to have toys actually on the shelves/pegs? It's been 2 weeks for me here and I'm tired of seeing 0 Transformers, and 0 Star Wars figures. We're talking completely barren here in 3 Target stores I go to. Thanks in advance. :) 

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    target stores in my area have stock. not alot but at least one each of the new deluxe universe .

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The three that I visited here in San Diego, CA seems to be in short supply since the holidays. I'm sure they will be back in full swing soon.

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

they probably won't have the next wave of Universe until maybe closer to Febuary

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Beginning of next month for full shelves is what I was told the local Target Toys manager.

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    The resets have nothing to do with new toys coming in, unless it's a new item we're carrying. Replienishments come from the distribution centers once they get their stock from the suppliers. When research is done on out of stocks in the departments, the system may give a date for the next expected replenishment, but not always.

That sounds like a throw away answer to me if I ever heard one.

7. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Agreed with Dark Magnus, I worked at Target for six years. Full shelves have nothing to do with a time table. Like all retailers they want to try and get their shelves full all the time. Its more of a matter of mostly them flushing out the rest of their distribution centers with all the old cases before they put on order and get in all the new stuff. With it being the beginning of the year and sales being relatively quite low, the restocking has slowed down. Its just a matter of what distribution centers have what. Thats why you see a fluctuation in some areas getting new product in way before other areas.

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given how retarded and utterly slow my area Targets are, this could be quite a while then, I suppose. Looks like I'm stuck with online stores then.

9. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Most stores set toys last week (official set date 1/11), but it usually takes a few months for most stores to get the toy shelves full after 4th quarter. Buyers are looking towards sales drivers or high margin items to help with sales/profitability. Toys are neither.

Our weekly instock update will give approximate dates for replenishment in critical areas but nothing for toys. I don't think I've ever seen a full toy department at Target until at east end of Feb/March. There is a way to check to see if an item is On Order or On Withdraw, but I don't think you can do whole departments.

10. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Target's here have been slow to fully reset. One store had the Hot Wheels/car toy section built and done almost two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to do the action figure aisle.

It's also just that time of year. Start of the year has always been the time where I start shopping more on line or catching up on stuff like Sideshow SW stuff.