Target Scouts Wave 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Grimlock_13, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    This is for Elita-One, Air Raid and Armorhide....I went through the listing and couldn't see any feedback thread on them so if I missed it, apologies and feel free to delete this one.

Air Raid:
    I was never a big fan of the Energon Skyblast mold due to the fact it has no knees, but it's grown on me in recent years. I like the Gray/ Black repaint of it in the second Target scout wave, and I really like the camo repaint here. It loses some of the detail, but the paint job looks really nice, but some could find it a bit garish I'm sure.

Elita-One:
    I was going to pass since it looked too much like Energon Arcee on Internet pics, but in person it looks great. Nice and metallized with colors resembling G1 Elita-One very nicely! I still loathe the arms, but the paint is the nicest one used for the mold yet. I'm really tempted to buy the Botcon fembots just to have them in my collection now alongside Energon Arcee, TFTM07 Arcee, and Elita-One.

Armorhide:
    My favorite of the three by far. Cybertron Armorhide was incredible when it was first released and the mold is still fantastic now. I actually like THIS version better than the original since black is my favorite color, and it the yellows look great on the mold. No Autobot insignia in sight, and since the cyber key is a repainted Planet-X one with a Deception symbol indented into it, Armorhide will be used to bolster my Decepticon ranks :D 

If you liked the molds the first time around they're great repaints. But if not, you wont be missing out too much on Air Raid or Elita-One. But Armorhide is HIGHLY recommended.

2. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I saw these today and couldnt decide if I wanted them. But your review has made me change my mind. I may have to get these now!

3. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

If I ever see a movie Armorhide in the U.S i'll buy him open him up and call him Nemesishide just for kicks.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Elita-One has a G1 Arcee color scheme with the brightness knob turned down a couple notches (white becomes light gray/silver, pink becomes a metallic brick red, and black becomes ... blacker. )

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    till all are not repaints

i bought elita-one, air raid and armorhide altho the joy was not as great bec. i knew these are just repaints of old toys not related to the movie at all.
    all of these scouts with energon weapons and cyber keys are a bit out of place as movie toys.
    i still dream of the day when all transformers toys are new molds and there are no more repaints.
    like for these scouts, it would be nice to have a new mold scout frenzy since frenzy is supposed to be smaller than bumblebee. legend is the right size for frenzy but legend size has too little detail. maybe a scout scorponok makes sense also.

6. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    My friend, as long as petroleum prices rise and petroleum supply decreases, we will move further and further away from that ideal.

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Nemesishide=Sold!
    Now I gotta go buy him just for that reason.

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I have never seen an Air Raid where there aren't nasty scrapes across the paint due to the screws on the underside of the tail bit that rotates. Finally I bought one that was the least bad of all I've seen.

Another Energon Arcee repaint? Yes please.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I got him. He's good. First time owning this mould. He's pretty funky, with a nice bit of character to him.