2D Artwork: Target scouts and pseudo-Mosaic

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by RKillian, Oct 25, 2007.

1. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

Felt like making a short comic the other day and picked the Target movie scouts pretty much at random. Started off here with some basic character models, using a photo-collage a friend put together for me as a reference.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So at this point I was getting a little bored, but didn't want the character models to be for nothing. It's pretty visible where my interest starts to wane and it's downhill from there until Bruticus saves the day. Not part of Mosaic but probably wouldn't look out of place from what I've seen so far.
    [​IMG]

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Nice

3. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

I wish I could find the better Strongarm and Skyblast drawings I did for my Marvel-style Energon thread a couple years back. That was a pretty fun project idea too, the intent being to eventually rework all of the Mega and Basic classed Autobots. Anyone else notice that everyone except Signal Flare has the same pose? Guess I've been studying model sheets a little too much lately.

In my opinion, that one page illustrated pretty well why I neither write nor read this kind of comic. There's just not enough room to do much of anything. At best, you end up with the Counterpunch Mosaic, whose saving grace was a cameo by Supercar Robo, and, at worst, you end up with this mess, four shallow cliches and rushed "surprise! everyone dies!" ending. I wonder what a better fiction writer with more space could do with those toys...