Target Returns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought the Target Exclusive Stealth Lockdown for $3.79. Three weeks ago I bought the same figure for $14.99. I was wonder if Target will allow me to return the item and let me repurchase it again for $3.79? :confused: 

2. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Well, consider this:

If you say "I'd like to return this unopened toy." they'll probably pay it no mind.

When it returns to the shelf, what's to stop you from buying it again? You're just trying to cut out the middle part, so they really shouldn't care.

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Eh, wouldn't hurt to try.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What you want is called a price adjustment just ask for it

5. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

They will not let you. I worked at Target for almost 6 years. You can not do a price adjustment on clearance items. You could return the figure and pray that there is one on the shelf, or if you have friends that work there maybe you can get them to hand you back the figure so you can purchase it, but other than that they wont. When you return it they just toss it behind them in a tote and it'll sit there until whenever an employee working in that section of the sales floor comes up to put it away. That could be hours, it could be not too long, who knows.

6. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is correct. Target doesn't adjust for clearance items, only items that were on sale up to 10 days (?) ago.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    if stealth lockdown was around 4, how much were the universe two packs?

8. Fenixblue

Fenixblue Well-Known Member

If you still have the receipt for the first one you bought use that to return the 2nd one.
    After you take off the clearance price though of course. Target's receipts are valid for
    returns for 90 days. It should say at the top of the receipt what day it's good until.

9. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    all u have to do is show your receipt and they will give u back the difference. thats how my target works

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    $20.98 from $29.98 last I checked. you will probably only find the springer/ratbat set though.

11. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. 20.98. I found a spring/ratbat set and decided to pass. Would've bought it if it was the Dirge Roadbuster.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got Roadbuter vs Dirge for that price... I wish they just lowered it a little more then I'd grab the other set too just for Ratbat.

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I save all my receipts for 3 months so if I see it on clrearance during that time I can just buy it again and return it for the original price.

14. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

At the very least they would give you the original price you paid if you return it normally and have your receipt. Then you could hope you find it again on the shelf later/the next day. I had this happen to me. I returned something and got the original price. Then I happened to be back again a few days later or next week and I found the item I'd returned.

15. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Man , am I glad I waited to buy the Target Exclusives ..... What I did was .... I bought a Road/Dirge and a Spring/Ratbat ... I kindly asked the cashier to seperatly ring them up , sothat I could use a Mcdonalds coupon on each of them...and only paid 16.00 for each of them ..... then I went back in and grabbed the 2 animated packs and the two movie pack..... since the movie packs were 17 , and the animated were 3.74 I asked the cashier to ring up one movie pack, and one animated pack with eachother ... sothat it added up to 22.00 from one movie and one animated, then minus 5 from the coupon ann d it came to 17.00..... so to make a long story short I only spent about 64 bucks on what was originally 140 dollars ..

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks all. I ended up returning the item and having my friend asking for it after she saw me return it. The guy behind the counter gave it to her and she purchased it for me at the discounted price. I don't think it would work to well if it was a guy asking for it.