Target "release" date

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OptimusSolo, Jul 25, 2008.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Just in case you are having trouble finding the new Toys. I know some targets will have already had them out, but for those that follow company policy, the action figure aisle (Clone wars, transformers, etc.) are supposed to be stocked for tomorrow morning, July 26th. My local target already had them out except for the star wars toys, but I know a lot of targets including the one i worked at for 9 years will have had the shelves empty of the new stuff until tomorrow morning.

Happy hunting, (picked up the sunstreaker today, held off on the Powerglide, Onslaught, and heavy load or whatever his name is) All others were sold out already....

PS if someone had already posted that set date for target - i apologize

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn't heard of a release date for target. But the one I visited today had all kinds of universe (except ultras) animated leaders and activators and all kinds of goodness! Plus, only one or two pegs of movie deluxes.

3. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Target always has a "Set" date (I misspoke by calling it a release date) And the powers that be are starting to be much more strict on not putting toys out before the set date (Most stores dont follow these rules though and put the toys out early)

My only reason for posting was if you are in an area where the Targets do follow the rules, then your best shot at getting the whole collection would be tomorrow at 8am...

4. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target now wants it's store to be 5 days ahead on all planograms. This aisle was slated for 7/20, so it was supposed to be set last week. There was special signing sent to state that the SW toys would not be out until the 26th (street Date).

5. 2point6

2point6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was just thinking about that this weekend too, would they try to hold off on all the toys and put it out all at once to compete with one another...? just a theory

i will be checking tomorrow!

6. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only about 6-8' of the aisle is new SW product, everything else is carried forward old stuff. I don't see the logic in any store holding already released merch in the back. Set it and move on to the next set.

7. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    All the stores around me have set all of the carried forward product but have refrained from putting any of the new stuff out including transformers/starwars and other lines - I think the logic is to get a good crowd to come in on the set date and be able to buy other new stuff that they might not have planned on - Just how the stores around here and the one i worked at for 9 years operate though...

8. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so whats the "release" date on ultras?

9. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Many are out already but technically today at 8am (since its already 1 am)

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know when I was at walmart a week or two ago they had theres starwars street dated stuff on a pallet and all the cases were taped together. You could clearly see TF:A and universe cases mixed in there. Somebody taped it up without breaking it down.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Except for the fact that Target Corpoarte (I work for the company btw) seems to have this funny idea that customers have some sort of strange loyalty to their store and don't realize that if someone can't find what they're looking for they'll just go somewhere else. I work at the Brandon store in Florida and I can't remember the last time I actually bought anything there, because neither of my local Wally World's or TRU hold back putting new stuff out unless it's actually got a real street date set by the toy manufacturer.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    pretty much the same thing happened at my wal mart. I'll try and get there early this morning. This street date is like a national transformers holiday.

Well I've certainly been looking forward to it like "christmas part 2". Or "love day".

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    sweet...maybe i can go find onslaught during my lunch break...

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    $10 says my Targets won't have jack s#!t.

15. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    I'd raise this bet to every cent I ever make in my entire life.

I went to my Target this morning and found... surprise, nothing but Clone Wars/Legacy Collection product on the shelves. And while there have been spots for the Universe Ultra and Voyager figures, they have had a gray dot on them for the entire time this store has reset, not only that, I've checked it every single day since the reset for those two products.

In addition to that, in the time since they've reset, they've received GI Joe DVD Battle Packs, and the DC Universe JLU 6-packs, and have put them out on the shelves, along with another (the stores' 2nd) case of Dark Knight Movie Masters figures. It makes absolutely no sense that those things would go out on the shelves, but they would have held back Transformers Universe Voyagers and Ultras, Marvel Legends Hulk Fin Fang Foom, and DC Universe Infinite Heroes, to put out today.

This whole story is preposterous, and unless someone can document the exact same situation that I have proposed, I doubt that we'll be having a plethora of "OMG I FOUND ONSLAUGHT!" posts today in the sightings thread.

16. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    So your telling me if I would go to my target today I have a good Chance in finding some Animated Wave 3 and Universe Voyagers?

17. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    man, i have seen people say that there is back room dealing with the toy departments at Targets on some of the sightings boards, and today i think i crossed some of that a local target in my area. they had all of 4 TFA toys on the pegs. the man i asked was nice, and apparently not normally a worker in the toy area. he came back and told me they had wave 3 in back, but they weren't putting it out. they didn't have the one i was looking for, but i thought it was strange, and asked why weren't they out? he said to me that they are weird there about the 'collectible toys'. which seems odd to me, they should be concerned about the bottom line. also, they had signs posted all around the star wars stuff saying limit 2 per person.

so i went to a different target looking, and low & behold, wave 3 out on the pegs. found the one i wanted, and no signs for limiting qtys of star wars stuff either. making the first i went to look really shady!

18. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I plan to get Onslaught and maybe a couple of wave 3 Animated deluxes. Frankly these Universe and Animated stuff are in mass release to all stores so I'm in no hurry hunting for them.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Universe yeah, but I wouldn't hold my breath on wave 3 Animated Deluxes given that most Target's I've seen haven't recieved anything past wave 2... just depends on what the DC is shipping to the particular store. Wave 1 Universe is almost a given unless your store is sold out (or the off chance that they didn't recieve any...).

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't heard of any Targets in our area getting voyagers or ultras yet, but given that Florida generally gets its stuff a week after Califronia, we should be seeing them on Monday's truck. I haven't seen the DC Infinite Universe figures at my store either.