Target raises prices of PRIME R.I.D. deluxes to $14.99

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Jun 28, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Target raises prices of PRIME R.I.D. deluxes from $12.99 to $14.99

Discuss

2. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Cause that's the way to move the bumblebees and get other stock on the shelves *sarcasm *

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Target has had higher prices before. They'll reduce them to make them appear more appealing around Christmas.

Generations are slated to hit at around $15 as well, and I'd expect price to drop to $10 for Christmas, as has been the case for the last several years.

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

At $15 a piece for smaller figures,I might be done with the new stuff until I find it on sale,clearance,or at a discount store like TJ Maxx.

I'd rather spend my money working on my G1 collection.

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a good thing Target doesn't believe in ordering new toys. Hell, I don't even stop at Targets anymore because there haven't been any new sightings there at all. Saves me time, and allows me to go a little further looking for Walmarts and Toys R' Us stores that actually stock shelves (a little bit anyway).

6. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With rising gas goes rising plastic prices...plastic comes from crude oil its a by product.

7. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Uhm, why? Are the TF RID at Target selling well?

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I love it when people try to rationalize the toy prices they want to charge more so they do, it's got nothinbg to do with the oil or it would be drastically large spikes in every plastic good availiable.

It's all marketing, does anyone remember the lead scare when they said toys would drastically increase in price due to all the "new" tests for it?

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, that's it? My target has had deluxes at $16 since the year began, or perhaps even earlier than that (not to mention my local Toys R Us's outrageous $17.49 pricetag). But I feel for you. It becomes hard to justify purchasing as frequently when you were able to get great deals not too long ago.

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    happy that there's nothing even tempting to me in the first 2 waves of Generations...

11. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't buy toys from Target anymore, haven't bothered with them in years.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Nothing personal against you,but I'm getting sick of this excuse as a reason to raise the prices.The gas/oil prices haven't gone up that much to warrant constantly raising the prices to ridiculous levels.

13. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Because it's a price change across the board and it will probably soon affect every store. K-Mart will jump on this price change soon with only Wal-Mart being the last holdout.

The FOC figures at Botcon had an MSRP of $14.99 on the labels, so it was only a matter of time before that price went into effect.

Hasbro has also been raising prices (and cutting corners) on all their lines lately so it was also only a matter of time before TF got hit. Marvel Universe and Star Wars are up to $9, G.I Joe is up to $10 now per figure (now *that* is an insane price.)

I guess if you just collect TF figures, this is a shock, but if you're a fan of other Hasbro properties this is just business as usual. Higher prices and less bang for your buck is the Hasbro way at the moment.

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro raised the prices.

15. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    no offense taken but contrary to beliefe hasbro has to pay for said plastic to make the figures causing them to charge more to the stores causing the store to charge us more. Yes plastic prices on a lot of stuff has gone up but a lot hasnt due to recycling. Plastic in its raw form does have to due with crude oil not gas i appoligize for using the word gas in my first post.. Again with the help of recycling most plastic items prices dont move much. Yes its marketing and yes its inflation and yes its about crude oil. Or maybe hasbro has more employees to pay for or the execs got big raises causing a higher cost causing the toys to go up tru has been that price since the prime line hit!

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Rising cost in labor and supplies. Prices are going up, it's not only toys.

The funny thing that the OP contributed nothing to this thread other than created it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

Not surprised at all. We all knew this was bound to happen, but I also noticed something. There isn't a lot of room for extended universe characters of late since the price hike. The only ones in this format are dead end and Hot Shot.

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Yeah, this'll help the Deluxes sell. Every Target I've been to has had pegs full of Wave 1 figures with the odd Wave 2 thrown in here and there. Contrast Walmarts, whose pegs are almost always barren.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be expecting the prices of Hasbro products to rise soon in our country too.

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Usually, I don't buy anything from Target unless I can't find it anywhere else, and that hasn't been happening much lately. Walmart tends to get new stuff just as quickly, sometimes faster.