target or toysrus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by davidarruda, Aug 16, 2009.

1. davidarruda

davidarruda That one guy

which is better for buying transformers?

2. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    they both suck when I went to both today

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It all depends on the quality of your specific store.

Me? It's Target. My TRU sucks when it comes to stocking new items, and my Target doesn't. Like my friend said, its sad when a department store has more toys than a toy store.

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    TRU most likely has a larger selection and multiple figure lines mine has ROTF, Animated, and Universe(no deluxes though:cry ) while my local Target only has ROTF. But TRU charges $5 more for Human Alliance Bumblebee. What really matters is what your local stores have.

5. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

toys r us

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    True, my TRU only has up to wave 2 deluxes and voyagers, while target is up to date.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Target

But I feel obligated into saying that now because I just got a job there.

Though I did find my Mixmaster at Toys R Us..and that is my all time favorite movie figure. Hmmmm...

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Both, depends on stock day and exclusives.

Luckily , there's a Target right behind my TRU

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my area, Target. The TRUs I live near are great at getting the first 1 - 3 waves of any new TF series and then they just seem to give up and don't get anything else in until it's already been out at Target or Wal-Mart for months. They also don't seem to turn over their stock as quickly, meaning it takes even longer for them to get new stuff in. In addition, Targets are more abundant in my area; off the top of my head, I can think of 7 Targets in my hunting area but only 2 TRUs, so it's far more likely I'm going to find something at Target.

10. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I live one block away from the tru near me. In the past 2-3 years I spent a lot more at target though because they had better deals with the tfs on sale and clearance. Only time I go to tru is for exclusives like book style reissues or WW 6 inchers. For the same stuff why pay more?

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    For me, when I'm home, TRU is better...simply because I live in Japan and they don't have Targets :p 

12. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

Honestly...You'd think that TRU being exclusively a toy store someone would have good look finding TFs there...that might be the case...but I've had way better luck finding TFs that I need at Target a majority of the time

13. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends on what you are buying. At my TRU the deluxes are cheaper than the deluxes at Target. But Target has the cheaper HA stuff. Its a toss up for me. I have noticed that Target has more stuff in stock.

14. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

Target, it's close to where i live and they always have a good stock(I found several ice cream twins last time i was there).

15. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Target, because I get a 10% discount. :D 

16. Gro Harlem

Gro Harlem Member

Ebay:
    My local Targets suck horrendously at stocking figures. The one nearest has nothing but wheelies/chromias/rampage. The TRU near me is also pretty bad but does carry more of the lines...like Universe & Animated, but the two I go to are usually very messy...their employees don't seem to care that people just throw all the figures on the shelves & floor & ruin the cards they are sealed on. Both seem to restock only weekly.

It really does depend on the particualr store. My closest Target is horrible but the next one closest at least has a variety of wave 2 & 3's up on their wall....probably b/c it gets less traffic & sells less overall.

Walmart IMO is best of the three, they stock their shelves 2 or 3 times a week & restock a sh1tton more when they do. My target seems to only put out like 10 more deluxes a week...walmart puts out like 40-50 & they sell. Too bad my Walmart is so far away I can only get time to go there on the weekends :( .

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target, by a lot. They stock newer stuff more quickly where I live. Only the local Walmart keeps up with them. Toys R Us lags behind in new stock and the Transformer aisle looks like a bomb went off there at times.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

There's a Target 5 minutes aways from where I live and 5 minutes away from my girlfriend's place, which is really nice. I end up doing the majority of my hunting in those two places.

But then there are two TRUs between my place and my work, which isn't so bad is I've got the time to make stops.

So location-wise, I've got options regardless. Price-wise, I honestly don't care: Target's deluxes are expensive and their voyagers are cheaper, and the opposite goes for TRU. So neither really wins out. Which one is a better place to shop? Neither. Stop by both anytime you can.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It honestly depends on what you're looking for. When it comes to wide-release, mainline stuff like deluxes, voyagers, FABs, and the like, Target restocks far more often and tends to have more up-to-date stock, from my experience.

But when you get to stuff that's not as widely sold like Robot Heroes scenes packs, RPMs, and Legends, TRU is the place to go because they have the room for more of that kinda stuff. Plus, they tend to stock considerably more of their exclusives than Target.

20. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    Target it's way easier to get stuff from the back and better customer service.