Target exclusives out in Slovakia :-)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pavol Palat, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Hi guys,

long time reader, first poster

Today I found lots of new movie/classics stuff in one Alltoys store in Bratislava

and among them were Target Scouts Strongarm, Skyblast and Clocker :) 

here, in my country where we had 3 armada toys, no energon and a few cybertron releases with the movie it's getting better

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Welcome to the board. I'm glad that the movie is helping get more figures over to Slovakia. It seems that a few countries are getting more Transformers than usual and some for the first time in many years.

I would imagine it is very hard to collect with the few that are actually released over there. Do you do a lot of importing? Hopefully they will be very popular and even more will be released near you.

3. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    Yes, I do a lot of importing - Ebay and BBTS. S&H is really killing my budget, so I really have to choose what I really-really-really want. Plus considering my Slovak salary...

TFs that show up on our shelves are terribly overpriced, but still about on the same level as if they were imported. For example my movie Prime I bought in the local tesco cost me approx. 85 USD. Everything costs double or more here - deluxes 20 USD, voyagers 40 USD etc. I bought Thundercracker (1 of the 3 Armada toys that showed up here) in Winter 2003 - since I was soooo happy to see a TF in store - and it cost me 40 USD :-(

There are no %discounts or buy2 get1 free here, so my collection might not be the greatest, but I can tell you I had to save, have second jobs and skip lunch from time to time to be able to cope with the toyline.

4. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

Is it only Transformers that is hard to find in Slovakia?
    What toylines are popular there?

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Even Slovokia has Target?!?! :banghead: 

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Hi, welcome to the boards.

It's the same situation with transformers in Serbia, the prices are about the same, we only got SS, Rodimus and BB from classics, I hope we will be seeing more of the movie figures, we still haven't got any voyager figures at all.

7. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    we don't have Targets here. The exclusives are being sold in "Alltoys" stores

with the movie we got lot of new TFs (in comparison with the previous decade)

I have to import TFs, Zoids and I also have a few Gundams - the stuff I like

but otherwise our toystores are full of Legos/ Pirates / Batman / Spiderman / SUperman / Hotweels (and their HW-formers), R.E.V. (fugly transformer-like robots) and some really crazy stuff like Yugi-oh!, MotU which Slovak kids don't know at all

much of the stuff appeares only in limited stock - like G.I. Joe tank & copter and that's it. Atacktix SW and TFs basic 4 packs but NO boosters (go kids, who will be the first one to have 99 Skyblasts in Bot form?)

and all of it is outdated - yesterday I saw Cyb Metroplex for the first time in SVK and from time to time when I go to small stores in other towns I even find Energon Unicron (yellow version in black version's packaging) and Omega Supreme

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    They're only Target exclusives in the US. Germany also got them as mass retail releases.

9. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I read somewhere on a toy blog that all of the Target exclusives would be released pretty much everywhere in the world as regular (or most likely TRU exclusives) product.

I think that's tops for foreign collectors that they have at least a better chance to get the figs that they want.

BTW - welcome aboard, Pavol... or should I say, "Dobrý den!"... right?

10. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:

Hopefully even more will show up soon so you won't have to import so much from BBTS and especially e-Bay. You go through a lot of trouble to get what you want, especially having to take a second job for your hobby. I really hope everything improves for you so it won't be such a pain to collect.