Target Exclusive DOTM JAZZ

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Snake_eyes1975, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really liked Jazz from the first movie, But the only Jazz we had for so long was the TFM Deluxe. I never thought it was a great representation of the CGI model, which was fantastic in design.
    Then came the Human Alliance. I still would vote it possibly Best Transformer ever. I love that thing.
    I seen this at the store one other time, when I got Spacecase. And this one brought up all my memorys of how much I didnt care too much for the deluxe. But in the package...Man..lemme tell ya..the transluscent Pody panels give this Transformer such a wild look. When it is car mode (its hard to capture in pics) it has a REALLY cool effect. There are some of the Cybertronian Tats, or Glyphs. This one REALLY looks cool in car mode.
    I STILL do not car too much for the bot mode itself, but im a sucker for transluscent TFs like this. The Arcee, and Bumblee were easy passes for me. Spacecase is a must have, This one...I was on the fence because I knew the mold.
    Once again...Hard to capture in pics, but bot mode looks really wild with these panels. Even has a pseudo mechtech gimmick. The blaster can have the deck lid mounted for a funky shiled look...Blah...whatever...
    The gun itself isnt bad, It mounts on the car...you open up his arm a bit, and he holds it underneath.
    The flaws of the mold are obvious...No decent arm articulation, legs articulation is for shit.....aaaa...ball joint head?!?!...meh..Yea

The more I fiddle with it, I really dig it for its looks. To get a decent pose...Let the light shine through..Its great for that. Almost like a "ghost of Jazz" type thing. Am I gunna say its a must have? Hell no...But it has a VERY unique look. I guess when you actually see it in the package you will know if its for you. I think its sweet looking in both modes, but overall, shows just how far they have come since this was made.

No new parts to integrate mechtek..crappy articulation..but REALLY neat looking when its in car mode, or posed by some light.

I alternated with the flash to try and catch some of the effect...some are bright...

I WILL say thins is DYING for some paint. Not that hasbro didnt do enough...it needs some weathering and such with metalics so mabye you can see through more. I will be painting this up..and it will look sweet as all hell.

I believe these pics are from before Jazz went on a diet getting ready for the movie, cuz hes kinda chunky..

One other note. I remember my TFM Jazz having pretty loose arms, and being kinda floppy from the waist up, this one is tight as hell, and holds great poses, unlike my fist mold for some reason

[​IMG]
    By tadave79 at 2011-08-02

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Great review there, Dave. As I feared, no remold only a repaint but with a more transparent plastic?

I will get him eventually, But 1st thing I will do is remove the thunder thighs and try to store it somewhere else in bot mode.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Biggest problem with the figure?

It's still Movie 1 Jazz.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    The whole gimmick about the Target exclusives is the transparent plastic. In this case, it barely shows on Jazz, which defeats the point for me. I don't really mind the mold...there's much better but I don't hate it. I won't get it though. Not transparent enough for my tastes.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda torn on this one.

He looks cool to me in the pictures and I don't own a Jazz and I like the deco, BUT...if he isn't really that great a TF then why do it?

Ughh...I guess I'm lucky I haven't seen him in the wild as to have to decide, lol.

Edit: Oh and is he really short or is Bee crazz tall?

6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I like him, he's not great, but not horrible, in my opinion he's tied with TF1 Barricade. I never picked up any other version of this mold, but if I had I wouldn't have bothered; I still think the 07 G1 colored is the best version of this mold; and HA Jazz and Barricade are the Awesome.

Oh, there was also a Comic with "Ghost Jazz".

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I got my Jazz a couple of weeks ago. I was never a fan of this deluxe mold, but I did buy the Target G1 Jazz back in 2007 so I thought this new Jazz will be Ricochet, or...at least a wingman.

To me, the Cybertron tatoo paint is nicely done, over the somewhat clear plastic. It is an interesting choice, had Hasbro/Target gone further with the clear plastic, we could have ended up with a Ghost Jazz, but that's probably more like a Starscream thing.

Overall it's a solid figure. The TRU scan series might be a better concept with cool looking car mode, but the robot mode looks inconsistent, so I think Target deluxe wins overall.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I just want the comic. Terrible deco for a terrible figure.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    ....What's Jazz doing still alive anyways? That's what I want to know...

10. Keiichi

Keiichi Well-Known Member

It's his ghost, that's why it's translucent! :) 

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I just got this in the mail today and must say that it's more tighter than I remember.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    :lol 

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with the OP - cleaning off the tattoos, re-painting the car-lights & dry-brushing the bot parts would do this mold a LOT of favors...

14. BWDinobot

BWDinobot Well-Known Member

I was wondering why Jazz was suddenly back from the dead when reading the comic. Then I remember something from the G1 deco Target exclusive, I grabbed the one I have sealed and if you read his bio on the cardback it says that Ratchet was able to repair him. While he was being repaired he chose the G1 deco. So I guess that is the explaination as to why we have Jazz still running around as a DOTM exclusive.

15. LesterX

LesterX Banned

That comic is awesome! Makes me miss Jazz, though :( 

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Great mold IMO and a great deco! Can't justify spending full price on a figure that's just 'pretty' though as I can't exactly display him anywhere.

17. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this should have gotten a new mold

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow,a black Jazz,nice

19. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, his arms need a re-design in the worst way.

20. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I was thinking. Does anyone wish Reprolabel would make flames for this repaint. Or am I the only one?