Target Exchange Policy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Hey all, quick question about Target's exchange policy. Do they do exchanges without receipts? I want to exchange that crappy Titanium Megatron for something else however I Lost the receipt. Are they like TRU where they wont?
    THanks!

Fred

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    They will not accept returns without receipts; however, if you paid with a credit or debit card they can look up the transaction and print a receipt for you. Pretty cool, I had to have them do that once and it only took a minute. Doesn't work with cash though, obviously.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

They DO accept up to two items without a receipt per year (using your DL number to track such things), or so I was told when I returned two ML figures just this past Wednesday. They won't give you cash back of course, just a store gift card, which I turned around and spent on, like..food and stuff I actually needed.

4. Megatronwp38

well I paid with my Debit card so, do I have to go to the same target or any target for them to look it up? However i would like to exchange it for doubles of astrotrain and bumblebee.

5. Megatronwp38

hmm?

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

You SHOULD be able to do it at any store, however when we recently tried to return Titanium's that were purchased with a credit card, they didn't find them in the system. I got the store credit and of course found the receipt when I got home.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    They can look them up from any Target. When I did it it was for something I'd bought while on vacation and had to exchange back home.

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Last time I did it they gave me merchandise credit, but it could only be used:
    A) At that store
    B) in the area the item was from (ex. Toys)
    C) only lasted 24 hours.

I think they do that with toys due to scalpers buying up a bunch of stuff then returning it if it doesn't sell.

9. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, it's just a policy to cover our asses against theft mostly. Like, if someone steals and expensive bedspread (ludicrous ecample), they can't return it to another target and get a bunch of video games.

Also, the merchandise credit only applies to items over $10. If it's ten dollars or under, they'll just give you the cost of the item on a giftcard.

Also, as for ambushbug's example, the store credit must be used one item from said department.

10. Megatronwp38

Right, that's exactly what I did...They looked up my receipt and I was two days from experation! Good thing I decided to do this today! I got rid of that POS titanium Gi Joe Megatron and got Classics Bumblebee and Astrotrain. They are doubles and the ones I can open. This was a nice way to ditch that POS and get some good toys! :D