Target Employees: Store policy on buying toys before they're put out on shelves?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Grimlock_13, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Ok..................NOT trying to start a big negative thread, and NOT trying to start yet ANOTHER thread on scalpers, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this little situation here.

Last night I went to my local Target (again) to look for Concept BB. I was there just before closing time since I heard they stock around then. I pretty much got kicked out of the store.

This morning, I went to the same Target to pick up the South Park Season 10 box set. I was there, waiting outside the doors for the store to open. I grabbed the box set and for the hell of it, I went and checked out the TF section. I saw Dropkick and snagged it (very excited)...looked through the few TFs on the pegs...Arcee...Longarm...Payload....Final Battle Jazz....Recon Barricade.....No. Fucking. Bumblebee.

So...I was the LAST person OUT of the store the night before and the VERY first person IN the store this morning...so I'm just trying to figgure it out. I'm not trying to complain (TOO much ;)  ) since I know BB will be on shelves everywhere in a month or so, but it's driving me nuts that ALL the other new toys are starting to trickle out, but BB is nowhere.

Any input would help my sanity! :D 

2. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Is is possible someone picked up the Bumblebee when you picked up the DVD box set? Not sure how close your toy section is to your movie section.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's also possible an employee stocked them the night before after you left, and stashed the bumblebee somewhere in the back so they could get it the next day.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Target gets charged money if they release something before release date. With Dvd's. I think they get charged a grand per mistake like that.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe an employee just opened the case and got BB out for a requesting customer earlier in the week, while the case was still in the back. He might never have made it to the pegs.

6. Grimlock_13

News Credits:

Very true.

And the movie section here is pretty close to the Toy section. It's possible someone else could have snagged BB before I got there, but I wish I had their teleporting technology...I was pretty far ahead of the pack so I could get in and out and to work on time.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Silly Grimlock. Everyone knows you run to the TF section before the DVDs!:throw 

8. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    :lol  I've learned my lesson!

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :lol  I have become a "Master Speedwalker" in the last 6 weeks.

I would like to think the pulled from the back for a customer earlier in the week theory is right, that's how I got Ult BB. But it is also very likely that it was taken by an employee.

10. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I vote that it was an employee. They've probably caught on with all these collectors coming to them asking about Bumblebee and other Transformers, and looked into it and figured they could make some money by selling them on eBay or something.

11. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

mine just got on with that dam

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude next time disguise yourself as a endcap pallet and stalk the stock boy looney tunes style.

13. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Best idea ever. There might even be a random hedge growing in the aisle I could use to slip back into the stockroom...

14. wiiman

wiiman Member

This is a stupid thread.

I'm positive that the store DIDNT have Bumblebee to restock that night.

Im working at an Apple Store for the summer and when we restock at night, if we have something high in demand, we'll still put it out. If we don't have it to stock, we'll replace it with something else. Also, employees can't buy it after the store closes because we turn the system offline.

Stop over analyzing, people.

15. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    This is a stupid post.

So.....they had all the other deluxes that came in the same case as BB....but no BB?

Thanks for contributing, my friend ;) 

16. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    At any rate, I'm going to request this to be closed...thanks to those who offered insight and tried to keep it light. :thumb 

17. wiiman

wiiman Member

How do you know it comes in the same case?

Generally, the stock comes in on pallets. The pallets contain smaller boxes. Whose to say BB08 was in that shipment? It's common to get random things all the time and not get a high-demand product for several days, if not weeks.

18. Grimlock_13

News Credits:

Single deluxes don't come in cases. I don't know the actual case ratios, but I know Acree, Dreadwing and BB come in the same case.

19. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So... Hasbro shipped a fully sealed case and left an item out? And who said anything about the employee purchasing it after hours? Try learning something about how retail stores actually work. And no, your apple store barely counts.

20. mpdb6

mpdb6 Active Member

An Apple Store is not Target. How are they related?

When the PS3 and Wii came out EB Games, Best Buy and Target all had problems with Employees buying the systems before the public. Many of the stores had to institute policies to prevent this. I'm pretty sure they don't have policies saying employees can't buy Transformers.

Plus, even if the registers are off the employees can just take the items and pay for them later when they're on break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.