Target DPCI Info, also Alternators and Cybertron "non-replenishable"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by quantumhawk, Sep 15, 2006.

1. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Allspark News Page

Allspark admin, Target employee and all around awesome guy Mouth04 has just phoned in a whole load of new DCPI info from the Target computers:

087-06-0951
    Transformers Movie Deluxe - $9.99

087-06-1021
    Transformers Movie Voyager - $19.99

087-06-1041
    Transformers Movie Leader - $44.99

087-06-1063
    Transformers Movie CTION Battlers (possibly a truncated Action Battlers?) - $9.99

087-06-1149
    Transformers Movie Robot Heroes - $5.99

087-06-1176
    Transformes Movie Helmet Role Play - $32.99

087-06-0716 (Previously known)
    Transformers Movie Real Gear Robot - $6.99

Also:

087-06-1708
    Transformers Legends of Cybertron - This has been in the system for a very long time but still shows No Inventory, meaning that Target probably will not be carrying them after all.

Classics are listed as being on withdrawl to the warehouse, meaning they are probably on the way to the warehouse.

Alternators and Numerous Cybertron items (Voyager class, Primus) are shown as Non-replenishable. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean they are discontinued, but it means for right now Target stores can't order any more. It could mean a new DCPI number and packaging, as has happened before for the Alternators, or it could mean Target is doing something weird like reserving them for an endcap. More details as they become available.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's a discrepancy between the thread title and your post. Which is non-replenishable, Cybertron or Classics?

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So? I take it you meant that Alternators and Cybertron weren't replenishable? And not that Classics wasn't replenishable... because that would be one hell of a heartattack...

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Oh noes it's teh end of Alternators!!!

;) 

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah, I would hope Classics wouldn't be made non-replenishable before they even come out, and Alts still have a ways to go, iirc.

6. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Think the $45 "Movie Leader" spot will be reserved for Megatron and Optimus only? It'd be a shame if Blackout, Starscream, and Brawl all get the $20 treatment.

7. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Hopefully all the movie toys see some kind of statue, too. I'll be sad if I can't get a Blackout in all rendered detail glory.

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I havn't seen an alternator I've wanted in about a year's time. I think I'll survive another 12 months.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You no like Mirage? /Grimlock

10. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I certainly like it, I like prime as well. I've just run out of shelf space for autobot alternators. It's decepticons only for a while until the shelves get bigger or i find better storage options.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I hit Target almost every morning to check for toys. today I found two new cases of Alts on the shelf that weren't in the backroom a couple days ago, because i have a upc from my opened mirage I scan to see if they have any Alts in back, as I assumed it would be the case with Camshaft, but it was not - it was the case with Meister/Mirage/Prime/Tracks...no Camshaft?? maybe they are clearing out the warehouse?
    And I still need a Cammy to keep sealed. :mad 

12. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    so would you guys be happy with alts in a classics-like packaging. or would you rather wait and have it tie in with movie packaging.

IMO i would like to see it tie-in with the classics. nice G1 flavor packaging.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    There's going to be Transformers Unleashed figures, remember? Those are basically cheap statues.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

As long as I can find UM vs. Skywarp, I'll be happy. The other Classics are preordered, and I have serious doubts as to whether I'll buy any movie toys.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

We all KNOW Hasbro have wanted to cancel Alternators since before they thought of it.

:) 

16. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oops, sorry, meant Alternators and Cybertron are non-replenishable. I guess that wasn't obvious by my actual post, huh.

17. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Just wish we could see some pics of the movie figures. Despite all my qualms with the movie, I'm really looking forward to them as they'll probably capture the good aspects of the movie designs and make them actually look like Transformers.

I'm guessing Megatron, Brawl, Starscream and Prime will be Leader size. Ironhide, Ratchet, Scorponok and Blackout will be Voyager and Bumblebee, Jazz, Frenzy and Barricade will be Deluxe.

Though in all honestly Starscream and Brawl should probably be supreme size.

I don't think the existing size schemes fit the movie very well. I'd really love to have an alternators style movie Jazz(preferably without the bunny ears).

I think I'll get Bumblebee too. His design is a bit rubbish for Bumblebee but it'd still be a cool figure to have if they made him look less Messy. I'll get Ironhide and Ratchet if they're big enough and I have money to spend. Same for Scorponok and Blackout.
    Brawl would be an incredible figure to have.

I might consider getting the "earth mode" Megatron if he looks more Megatron-like.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd rather the Leader size class has as few toys as possible, even if it means some guys being off scale, because the cost would be prohibitive for more than a couple. Plus there's shelf space at the stores to consider.
    I just know I'll get most of them though, unless the toys are completely and utterly "un-fun". Never mind the designs, I've got weirder looking mecha in my collection already.