Target Animated Exclusives on sale for $4.99!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by bombatron, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I friggin' hate America... As if it isn't bad enough that us Canucks only just now started to get the regular Shockwave in for $30(plus a ridiculous amount of extra tax), we have to see that our "brothers" south of the border can get the awesome version for 1/6 of what we have to pay. I hope your economy tanks tomorrow.

And to add to the insult, now our "Zellers" stores will probably get these items in for $45 a piece, and only get one box per store.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Assuming I can find an American to help hook me up with this sale, I'm inclined to get 2 Shockwaves & 1 Sunstorm. Would be nice to have both bot modes of Shocky displayed if possible. :) 

3. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I looking for someone who can acquire a $5 Sunstorm and Purple Shockwave and ship it to Canada. If someone can help me out, let me know via PM. Thanks

4. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only one week and they may have a policy against price adjust for this. I tried doing the price adjust for a universe Ratchet and the Shockwave/Sunstorm Exclusives. The universe Ratchet was on a separate receipt and they said that they don't price adjust on that one even though it was less than one week. I said fine. I tried price adjust on the Shockwave/Sunstorm and they said those were too old so I can't adjust them. I had to return the items and ask for it back at the customer service desk and then buy it.... Make sure they let you get it back right away before you do this....

5. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im looking for someone who can hook me up with a Sunstorm and Skywarp before everything is corrected . Ill pay ya cost plus some extra for the help and shipping .. PM me if you can help me out :) 

6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    oh well, I already bought them a couple weeks ago. I'm not worried about the discounts.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:

Thanks. A Buddy of mine was on the fence about picking Shockwave up and he finally broke down and got him last week. Suffice it to say he is a bit perturbed after find this out. He told me it wouldn't be so bad if it was like $5-$10 difference, but $20.....yeah that might irk me too.

8. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Again, with the whiny Canadians. Network people! It's not like you guys up north don't get exclusives (like Halo 3 stuff). Stop acting like an ass and actually make the effort. We have a guy over here who comes down from Canada to look for stuff and we in WA give him all kinds sightings and tips. But instead, you could always whine like a bitch and see how many TFA Shockwaves and Sunstorms you get that way.

This is a community - use it!

9. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I just missed the news on this deal and I drove off to my nearest Target only to realize that today is Sunday....:( 

I'll be waking up pretty early tomorrow though hitting my local Targets. If I find any I'll see what I can do about helping out.

Here's hoping I can find any now...:( 

10. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    It's funny seeing how over the last several hours how many of these have popped up on ebay. it was less than 20 at the start of the day and now each has near, or more than, 70 listings.

I was at a few stores that had a bunch of them and the paint was just awful on all of them. By the time afternoon hit, none of the targets on my journey had any left and I even saw some other people taking anxious looks around for them.

I still think this is an error, but who knows. Target does mark down DVD box sets that are like $49 to $15 (sometimes less) so this kind of discount is not unheard of. Regardless, it won't matter cuz I think come tomorrow morning most stores, at least in the big market areas, will be totally wiped out.

11. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Damn it! I bought Shockwave about a week ago, and I threw out the receipt. I don't suppose they might give me store credit for it or something? Or perhaps buy a Lugnut next week, and return my extra shockwave with THAT receipt in its place? :banghead: 

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) This is a sale not, clearance. The target sign clearly marks that the sale goes from 4/5-4/11 (good luck finding it on the 11th).

2) Because this is a sale, target will price adjust for two weeks with a receipt. Target does not price adjust on clearance items.

3) If you have lost your receipt and bought the item with a credit card, Target will be able to look it up and price adjust on that.

4) Target's policy is that if you return an item then they can't let you rebuy it until it gets reshelved. If you're lucky the person you're returning it may not know that (or care). If you want to do the return and rebuy my advice is that you wait until after Wednesday to avoid the competition.

5) The target exclusive has a difference DCPI number then the normal voyager so you can't swap receipts.

13. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its funny you say that. I went to my local target looking for a pair of shoes that were on sale for my son. They had a full endcap of the toys sitting there with the normal $24.99 price tag. Fortunately, they ended up not having my son's size at that location so after checking with customer service my wife made me drive to another Target that had them in stock. While there, I saw an empty endcap with an advert displaying the $4.99 price for Shockwave and SS. I thought it was a pricing error at that location so I got a rain check and then drove back to the first Target to get them. However, I ended up not needing the the raincheck as they rang up at $4.99.

14. shockwave2010

shockwave2010 Well-Known Member

I got purple shockwave today and also have grey shockwave couldn't pass up a deal like that.

15. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    $5 sunstorms means time to fill out the ranks, here is my thundercracker made today from a 5 dollar sunstorm. Bought 2 more sunstorms for future repaints. The purple isn't showing up in the pics but it looks good in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Joy. My wife has my car right now, and I told her to pick up a set or two of the exclusives, and she told me "no effing way, you don't need any of that $h!t."

Sometimes I miss being single...
    ok, I often do.

17. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:

Time to karate chop that girl in the throat.

18. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Would anyone be able to pick those two up for me :D 
    unfortantly i live in Canada Ontario and we dont have a Target :( 
    Sooo if someone could pick me up 1 Sunstorm and 2 Shockwaves it would be awsome!!! Someone drop me a PM if you can help me out

19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got Sunstorm for the sale price and a mighty muggs grimlock for only 7.99! Awesome!

20. TallOne

TallOne Member

aaaaaaahhhhhh yyyeeaaaahhh! just got my Shockwave along with Leader Ultra Magnus and Bulkhead.
    wasn't gonna get Bulkhead, but since the leaders were $29.99 I couldn't say no.