Target 2006: Titan vs. IDW

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DestronGenerals, Apr 18, 2007.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

IDW's first issue of their reprint of Target 2006 came out today, I was wondering if anyone picked it up and how it compares in quality to the Titan TPB. I have neither, but have the IDW print on hold. Is there something about it making it worth it to buy the entire series at 3.99 a pop, or is it a preference thing?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I can't imagine why anyone would drop $4 an issue on this when the entire series is readily available in the Titan TPB for $13 new and as little as $2 used (as of the time of this post) at Amazon.

Also, I assume the art has been scaled down to fit the standard US comic size, whereas the Titan trade is printed at the original larger dimensions. If I'm mistaken on that, please someone correct me, but if true I'd think you would want to avoid altered content.

The only real incentive is new covers, so if that's your thing I guess buy the comics. In any other scenario though, I'd just buy the trade.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

No, it's standard comic size. Smaller comic FTL. I saw it today..and promptly shoved it out of the way to get to the Movie Prequel #3 that I didn't get last week. I think I got all the Titan UK TPBs on Amazon at that reduced price. This makes even less sense than Generations. Reprint Man of Iron or some other previously unreprinted material and I'll bite

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. I have all the Titan TPBs. Why would anyone buy the Generation Series?

They're not even reprinting them in any particular order. I need Man of Iron and the original TFs vs. GI Joe.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate Generations. I have a file started with my comic book store where they hold anything that says Transformers on the cover for me, and Generations is always in the mix. I've just been to lazy to actually ask to have it taken out. It's a waste of money, and I never even read them because I have all of the US Marvel stuff from it's original print. I also have the original Target 2006 TPB and see no point of getting the IDW issues.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

So, this isn't a redrawn version ala the movie?

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Definitely not. Original art smooshed onto modern US page size.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i have the originals either in loose issue or tpbk but i do occasionally pick up these new reprint. i bought the dinos vs trypty cover and buster vs ratbat cover by nick roche, hes awsum.

9. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

How about the original Marvel TFTM movie adaptation? I'd buy it to see the stuff that didn't make it into the movie, ie Kranix transforming etc. Besides that, nothing else needs to be reprinted, much less RE-reprinted.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was in my box, almost passed on it. Decided I liked the Roche cover because it's a remake of one of my favourite pages from Target:2006. :D 

May or may not go for the rest, just not really seeing a point right now.

11. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I'll probab;y pick it up just for Roche's cover.

not essential as I have the Titan Trade version, in UK format goodness *drool*

however, i'd love for them to do reprint stuff like the 3 part 'Crisis of Command'

to my understanding, that hasn't been reprinted, let alone, scans on the internet.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I plan on sticking with my originals.

13. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I know I'm in the minority, but I love this books because I have as of today, 5 issues of the original marvel run. 1, 3, 11, 39 and 79. I've never had a chance to grab he trades and these are perfect for me. I say this every time one of these threads appear but some fans don't have access to the trades!

14. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

The quality of the transfer has been improved in my opinion. The colors are more vibrant etc ... Plus I love that cover (A). Its one of my favorite covers ever.

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Who doesn't have access to Amazon.com? :confused: 

16. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

All that early UK stuff not yet reprinted is aching for a release (MAN OF IRON, ENEMY WITHIN), so it's perfectly logical they dive in with.... TARGET 2006 again??

To be honest, I may still get this because the reduced size will make it easier to store with my other TF comics, but I would have preferred stuff I hadn't seen for a while.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    enemy within would be very nice, good call.

man of iron, i bet you could prolly track down the US copy (loose).

18. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I have the US Marvel reprint of MAN OF IRON actually - I just mentioned that one because I couldn't think of any other UK-only story titles (dooohh)!!! But yes, ENEMY WITHIN was pretty good, showcasing the underused BRAWN if my memory serves me right (and if it doesn't, that proves I need a reprint of it!!!)

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I bought this. There is a scarcity of comics in my area so having never read this story before is a treat. The paper quality is good and I enjoyed the first issue.

20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buy the trade if you can.