Tansformers Animated Voices

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Primus00, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

I do indeed like the voices of Animated so far. Some notable ones are Arcee reprised by Sue Blu. Will Shockwave return and will Corey Burton reprise his role for him? And I wonder if there are any voices selected for Animated in Japan.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I too love the voices. Who knew David Kaye, Megatron, could do so well for Prime?

Also, don't be shocked if this thread gets moved to the Animated forum.

3. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

I definitely should say this. Tom Kenny does an outstanding, no, perfect job of voicing Starscream!! He might be the fourth guest of Botcon 2008.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I like all the voices, but Kaye's Optimus Prime is written (and acted) really blandly. He's the least interesting character on the show for me.

5. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i always love a new voice for Megatron, its why i liked RID so much.

i dont mind Kaye on Prime though. he seems to be doing it well enough for me.

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Neither do I. Corey's Megs is just as good as Welker's. Only more menancing.

7. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

For me, the best villan voice of alltime is David Kaye, followed by Leonard Nimoy

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Despite being a Gee-Wunner, I'd say Burton's Megatron is the best ever. Far more rumbling and malevolent than Welker.

I would kindly disagree that Prime is written blandly. Prime is written with a bitter past, a false sense of self-belief, and, as such, is a Prime that is quietly worried as much about himself as he his about his squad. Far more complex and intriguing than 'Honest Abe Optimus Can'tbefaulted' of G1. Though I prefer Cullen's voice, true.

Also, Bumper Robinson's Blitzwing. Hmmm, German accent with Californian pronounciation of "with your" (watch TTOTH again). Definitely wrong, but I like it.

Does anybody else want Prowl's brother to show up and start talking about Roz, Nerys, Dad, and how hard it is to find a decent Mahler concerto in Seattle?

Whoever does Sumdac (is it Kaye?) treads a fine line between convincing voice and racial pastiche, for me, but gets it right and adds some real pathos to the guy.

Genuine Q: who did Cyclonus' G1 voice? That is badass.

Burton for Shockwave. Cullen for Ironhide. Rumble for TFA. Welker for Rumble.

9. SpriteSODA

I dont get you people, Welker was totaly awesome

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    tom kennys working starscream is AMAZING.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would have to disagree. Welker's Megatron is right down there with RID Megs for me. He just didn't sound good at all.

QFT.

I agree!

I agree again!

That's one of the reasons I like it. Maybe because it's just a little different than the usual single accent, makes it sound more natural.

It's Tom Kenny, AKA Starscream. I think making the main characters more ethnic and racially diverse was a great change from the past twenty years and worked out great.

I don't know, but this is one of those occasions where I have to utterly voice my total agreement. I'm gonna do some snooping. EDIT: I remember now, it was Roger C. Carmel and then in Rebirth Jack Angel.

12. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    The voice casting for this show is excellent, which was clear as soon as I saw how many roles were filled by people who did tons of work with Timm on DCAU stuff.

13. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Definitely agree with getting some human diversity in to TFA, and I think Sumdac's the best one in there. And Kenny's (thanks, SplitLip) work on it is the clincher. I'd say it is believable, but in being so close, I worried momentarily if it would go over the line.

Which it hasn't.

Haha, Starscream has sort-of helped spring Megatron, after all.

Welker's the Man, definitely, his Megatron is definitely a loving part of my childhood, and is great for G1. But so was Megatron being a handgun...

14. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

I like everyone's voice for the most part. Especially Blitzwing's, even though all his faces are done by the same guy, each one sounds different though.

I also am not a huge fan of Animated Prime as well, if only he had a gun...

15. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    For me, the voice cast in Animated is just downright perfection. So much so that I find myself unable to pick a favourite.

Or it could be because the dub performance in the AEC series is still fresh in my mind...

EDIT:
    Actually, I think Animated's audio in general is top notch. Almost in contrast to its animation.

The voice processing for each character.
    The weapons sound FX. Especially Screamer's Null Rays.
    The sound of servos everytime a TF moves. Ratchet even has his own unique creaking sounds.
    Even the background music.

My audio senses feel sated everytime I watch Animated. Seriously.

16. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Hey guys, WHO'S YOUR FAZVOURITE BLITZVING!?! AHAHAHAHA [/blitzwing]

Crazy Blitzwing, in action. Transforming Carnage :D 

Kenny and Burton tied for best VA for me.

17. SpriteSODA

Hey, they had to add the Blitz to the wing ya know ^ ^
    I like the german acent.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm thinkin' he does already, albeit he doesn't use it.

Seriously, when he and Bulkhead raised thier arms in defense from the Dinobts, he deployed his "water cannon". Because water is the Dinobots' weakness, see? Seriously, I think they may have finally given him a gun with all the D'Cons showing up. We'll just wait and see.

I still think an axe is way cooler and more brutal. Plus, it's not like Prime's never used an axe in previous series. G1 Prime had one in the pilot. (though he never used it again)

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yes Corey Burton is playing the role of shockwave

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I like Kaye's Optimus. It's something different, plus IMO he sounds perfect for the characterization they're aiming for. He isn't the same as Cullen, but then he was never supposed to be anyway for this show.

Still, I would like to see Cullen put in a guest shot...maybe as Alpha Trion. Y'know, a more badass version of Alpha Trion. With a big honkin' sword.

...what? :D