Tanker Truck's identity unofficially confirmed (SPOILERS: YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Invader

Invader Active Member

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Huh? I don't think the two things you have circled are even the same thing, and I can't make out what the first thing is at all. Besides, we've seen the toy, it's solid proof that Megatron is the mad max tanker because the figure has Megatron's head (complete with gouged eye from the last film) and what looks like a cannon on the right arm. Why would Hasbro go ahead and produce a figure of Megatron turning into the tanker if the two are NOT one and the same?

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Haven't seen this discussed much in this thread, but Megatron is going to have to be way bigger than Optimus Prime in TF3. His new truck mode is a lot larger (twice as long), and other than that one section, it's all body mass. Yikes.

4. the_moocher

the_moocher Member

i believe the post is showing the difference in size of the wheels compared to the people. the wheels look larger in 1st pic.

5. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

No wonder megs is big, he is a truck with trailer, and a tank couldn't be that big.

6. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

well if the climactic battle is gonna be in the city it is gonna feel almost the same has transformers.

And if it is in the city it could possibly be that megatron is gonna be in the big fight has we have seen the truck in the city. I do not think anyone knows who really is the main boss. Who is going to fight who? is it megatron and prime, or prime and shockwave. Bay has defiantly got everyone pridicting the endless possibilitys on what could happen in the final film cant wait

7. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be a big difference with TF1 and ROTF. Megatron has always been bigger AND bulkier. And the truck without trailer isn't as big as Optimus his truck mode. So Megatron's trailer is actually needed to give him the bulkiness and height he had in TF1 and ROTF.

+ Don't forget that a big part of his trailer becomes part of his fusion cannon.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:

it looks like the truck (front) part is the same size as Optimus, or at least almost as big. If the in-movie version follows the same scheme as the toy, then Megatron will use the trailer for his legs and have at least 33% more vehicle mass to use in robot form. Yeah he was bigger in ROTF, but not that much bigger (see the forest fight for a side-by-side comparison). I can't imagine the cannon will represent more than 20% of the mass of that trailer, otherwise that will just look silly.

9. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

how big is megatrons truck mode ?? 50 feet As robot he could have a sImilar size.

10. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well, the fusion cannon does seem rather big on the toy and don't forget that Megatron doesn't only use the mass for his height, but he becomes pretty bulky as well. I'd say the difference between Optimus and Megatron would stay the same. Or at least almost the same.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Y'know, with all this discussion about how Megatron is a truck and trailer, let's not froget that Optimus finally got his trailer for DOTM, too. In this case, the chances for the trailer doing something does seem likely, but it's probably going to be a CGI-intensive event since that trailer clearly doesn't do anything special in real life.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Hopefully it just turns into a big-ass cannon/turret/weapon. With Megatron's trailer, it's more of an extension of the main vehicle. Optimus' trailer is a different entity - I'm desperately hoping that they don't combine.

I think it'd be cool for Megatron to be significantly bigger in TF3 - hopefully he will have to deal with the simultaneous threat of the Autobots and Shockwave, and need to be bigger.

13. burn2theground

burn2theground New Member

what i dont get is how does the features stay perfect when switching vehicle forms?

just look how his face changed from movie 1 and 2, and there both cybertronian forms.