KO oversized MP 12 Lambor?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by redalert7799, Jun 26, 2016.

1. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't have to do anything to mine.

2. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

hmmm, did I get a bad copy then? I tried forcing them into place but no dice...

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    It took some force to get things snapping into place the first time, but it's a lot easier now.

Do what you feel you have to do, though. I don't want our experiences that turned out fine to not work out for you and yours breaks.

4. B-kun

B-kun Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The two you had circled in picture 1. I just shaved them down a little, but not completely. Just enough to allow for the torso to fold over properly.

5. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Ok cool, thanks guys :) 

6. caudex

caudex New World Pre-Order

Just got this guy in hand and WOW! The paint and overall fit and finish blows Takara's out of the water. Just like MPP10, it's the ultimate expression of an already exceptional mold. Easily now one of the top 5 figs in my collection. Get this guy while you can!

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only the hands had the slots for the gun peg, like a larger version of KFC's MP Sideswipe hands, I'd be all over this.

8. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I shaved the pegs off the gun to eliminate that issue, but the bigger problem (and the only real flaw in the whole figure IMO) is the thumbs that don't rotate out of the way. Even with the gun pegs gone, the thumbs are still in the way of holding the weapon. I can make him hold it, but it's tenuous.

Otherwise, this thing is amazing. It falls in the "If I had a fire and could only grab 5 things to evac after family and pets..." category.

9. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Gun fitment aside, I just don't like the thumb up there aesthetically. With a clenched fist and the thumb up there, he looks like a politician giving a "heartfelt" speech.

10. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other then the gun holding issue & Red Alert's 'horns/antenna' instead of Sideswipe's on the main head, this is EVERYTHING i ever wanted in a Masterpiece scale figure. Bring on more please.

Now after a quick repaint...time to figure out how to switch the G2 face with the neutral face....

11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm curious based in all the positive love this guy is getting. Should I try one out? Normally I'd be all over it but not sure what I'd do with the os sideswipe. Just too much of a sore thumb...

12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I contend that the size, fun, and ultimate value of such a figure says "yes", in spite of the fact that he may or may not fit with anything else in your collection. You're not buying this to complete a set or to stand next to figure X and recreate a particular scene from the cartoon. You're buying this because it's huge, awesome, and will quickly remind you why you love transformers toys.

Let him live on your nightstand. Take him to your desk at work. Hell, let him ride shotgun in your car. It's a steal. Pass him up at your own risk.

13. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Just too awesome not to own. Plus more will come so eventually he could have his own shelf with friends.

14. Transam77

Transam77 Well-Known Member

There's one thing he scales well with: Ultimetal Optimus

Attached Files:

15. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Wow, I am planning to get Toy Alliance Optimus so the OS Sideswipe should scale well.

16. JohnDarkling73

JohnDarkling73 New Member

Just got him in he is huge laughably huge. Comes with 20 faction symbols decepticon and the G2. He doesn't really scale with mpp10, he is a head shorter but the chest girth is massive. Transformation is better than the original kos everything tabs in where it supposed to be like the chest but it is a bear to rock back that assembly to it's furthest point. The paint is really good it doesn't feel dirty making you want to wash your hands immediately after touching it. There is one downside he has kfc hands with no slots in them so he cannot hold his gun oh and his eyes are light piped so if your in a low light setting he will have the dead eye syndrome. Got mine from TF Direct took about a week for shipping.

17. robh

robh Decepticon

he does look good with Ultimetal!

18. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Just got him today... Amazing (even though everything that JD73 said is correct)!!! Outside of the knees being a touch on the loose side, but he stands well enough, I am sold and looking forward to other project that Tanaka puts out!

19. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    pic request: OS KO MP12 with KFC Reflectron/Reflector

thanks!

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    had to turn my laptop to look at that but that does look really good , really jealeous of your ultimetal such an awesome display piece