Tamashii Stage - Cracks?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by cheetorBWORG, Jan 12, 2010.

1. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is an isolated incident... but I purchased a box of the Tamashii Stage ACT 3 display stands, and...

There's just a BUNCH of cracks in the plastic.

Maybe because it's clear... it could be more brittle.

But when my "floating" Exia fell over, it's cause a crack developed in the pole that was extending from the base to the claw that held the figure.

Just want to know if anyone else with ACT 3 Stage's got this as well.

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    If you tighten the screws then try to repose the rods without loosening them (or, you know, drop it or let it fall over), yes, it will almost definitely crack due to the fact that you have an immovable rod piece applying force to the inside of a thin plastic rim. It's definitely something that would be more noticeable on clear plastic than it would on opaque, since a crack on the inside would be visible from the outside.

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    But what I'm asking is has anyone gotten cracks on their parts right out of the box.

Then again, maybe I should have put that in the first post.

4. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    My Act2 ones are fine... Apart from the connector joints popping off when attached to figures of a certain weight...

5. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i've got ACT 3, no cracks out of the box, but the connector joints are real pain.....they slip off so easily because the bit of plastic connecting to the tube is too short....

also i broke one of the pegs when trying to pose my figure...i guess its better to adjust the positon of the stands and pegs before attaching the figure to it.

6. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Mine were good out of the package. I've got two more packs on the way and I'll let you know what kind of condition they're in when they arrive.