Tales of the Fallen Arcee Cover Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jackets, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I haven't really gotten into this argument before, so I don't know what's been said, and where but... it's visibly, provably NOT any one of the three sisters. The features just *do not match*. Chromia has a big gun for a left hand. This one doesn't. Flareup has a sword for a right hand a wheel for a left. This one doesn't have either. Arcee has a normal left hand, and this one doesn't. This robot isn't based on any of the three individual sisters - it's head is visibly offset to the right which none of the sisters' are, and furthermore, it appears once more, in one panel in the second issue of the adaptation (albeit mirror-flipped from this image, with its head offset to the left and the number of prongs on each shoulder swapped), where it is colored HALF-BLUE, HALF-PURPLE. This isn't some phantasmal baseless rumour - there's VERY strong evidence that this is the combined mode, which has been recolored or miscolored blue and possibly flipped.

2. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

yay arcee gets a spotlight!!......bite me Bay

3. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope this particular issue is written by Mowry, if only to tie into Arcee's depart to Earth in Reign of Starcream.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    If that is the combined mode, then why is there only 1 wheel visible and it's to scale with only one bike. Additionally, it shows only ONE bike converting to that bot form. It is DEFINITELY 100% one bike, with a few artistic liberties taken, likely Chromia due to the oversized left limb. If that's not one bike, I'll eat her toy.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Cool cover.

7. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Cool artwork just like the others. I'm interested in seeing how Arcee meets up with her "sisters" after Reign of Starscream. I hope they follow on from that storyline.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's as tall as Ratchet, got different arms, different head, some weird head placement and weird colors. only thing you got right is "why there's only one wheel" which isn't even valid considering how in movies some parts flat out disappears as far as we know this could be a giant wheel formed from all wheels fusing.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The movie adaptation comics are rife with moments where characters are either way off model, or just completely wrong.
    [​IMG]
    I think The Fallen and Rampage are the only ones who are actually accurate.

Of course these are vehicles, but you get my drift.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    nice art, but I wonder when the constructicons will get time to shine.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I don't get where you got "as tall as ratchet" as theres no way to compare size between the two in tat part of the comic (the combined form appears later). That still doesn't address why only one bike is depicted turning into that bot.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Shitty drawing, perhaps?

13. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's not just a "few" artistic liberties - it doesn't look *anything* like any of three robots, but has visible aspects of at least two of them - the right gun-arm, in particular, is lifted directly off of the Arcee sister's artwork, while the sword arm comes from Flareup (but is on the other side). There's being "off-model," and there's being drawn completely differently - and there's the fact that when this robot appears later, it is drawn *just the same*. The artist drew two images based on the same physical robot mode, and in the second appearance, as I said, it's half-blue, half-purple.

I can't explain why it's colored entirely blue and shows only one bike transforming, but I suspect some kind of last-minute alteration to the comic to try and remove the combined mode when they heard it wouldn't be in the film. Pure speculation, I grant you, but there's *clearly* something more going on here than what we see on the page.

(Regarding the "as tall as Ratchet" remark, you see them standing next to each other in the second appearance of the robot.)

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, where'd you find that? I'd LOVE to read the movie adaption comics with the dialogue changed...

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I echo Beastbot's request, if there's more of that edited adaptation.

16. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks awesome!

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I usually go the comic route when I want to see more detail on stuff.
    Sadly this is not the case.

18. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

This assumption is based on the idea that whatever IDW had when they originally drew the images was the same image we've seen of Flareup. This stuff was penned out way in advance, but they changed a lot in post production. For all we know, that's what Flareup was supposed to be.

Case in point: Jolt. By this logic, Jolt never actually existed, because he's certainly not in the novelization of the book. I haven't read the comics yet, but I don't think he's in there either (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Until proven otherwise, the fact that in that picture, one bike forms that robot, I'm inclined to disregard the idea of a combiner until proven otherwise. I would certainly be excited to read this when I get the chance.

19. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's certainly not impossible that this is based on an early model of one of the sisters, but then, she would be the only character in the entire comic to be based on artwork that predates what we've seen. Everyone else looks like they should. Jolt is known to have been a very late addition to the cast, and was not in the script that the novelisation and comic were based on, hence his omission - a script which, I will point out, had the combined Arcee form in it. I repeat: look at her right arm. It is based, *directly*, on the right arm of the ARCEE sister's concept artwork, not Flareup or Chromia. It's got the gun, the odd fist-shaped lump, the prong on the shoulder, and all the basic geometric shapes, from the concentric cicles at the shoulder to the yin-yangish interlocking "swirls" of armor plate below that. It came from *that piece of art* - but just the arm, nothing else of the robot. And this robot appears one more time, colored half-purple, half-blue. I think that there's *much* more evidence for it being a miscolored combined mode than there is for it being only one of them.

20. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    WTF, which comic is that from?!