Tales of Graces f

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cracka J, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Newest tales game an no thread = disappoint!

Picked it up on the way home today, though I feel like it's escaping the temple of doom trying to get a copy of something at gamestop on launch day without a preorder.

Regardless it will be played shortly!

2. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

I LOVE the Tales series. I have such fond memories of the summers I would spend adventure-ing through Syvarant and Teth in Symphonia. Abyss was great, but Vesperia felt lacking. I still have yet to play through Phantasia and Destiny, but let me know how you like this one!

3. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    As soon as I finish my platinum on XIII-2, this is next. But for my own good will not let myself start until said platinum is done.

4. Cracka J

News Credits:
    only got a little chance to play last night but what I saw I really enjoyed.

battles are almost no transition. encounter an enemy and boom, you're right in battle. seems even faster then the small amount of time it took chrono trigger to start up battles.

the meter for artes is no longer like a seperate MP bar. it's actually a time-charged based bar that wears down with each arte you link into a combo, then recharges.

user titles level/give you new artes. you can continue to max out the ones you have on your title or switch to new titles to start learning new artes whenever you want.

but yeah I'm only a couple hours into it but its enjoyable so far and the graphics are what you'd expect from a new tales game. it's holding my interest so far :) 

5. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Just waiting for it to arrive here. Won't play it right away though as I have I few games I want to finish first.

6. PaladinVance

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Not a fan of long "child-hood prologues" (main reason I don't replay Breath of Fire 3 that much) hopefully this isn't too lengthy

7. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's in bold is probably the best part of that post. :)  Now I really want this game. I have the tendancy to go a bit overboard with my Artes and the AI tends to waste MP even worse than me.

8. PaladinVance

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, this took me a bit of getting used to. So far my battle plan is combo-block-combo worked fairly well, until the Nova Wolf....

it's a a tutorial battle, why am I able to die, why have I seen the cutscene like 10 times now? in other words, time for a break I think...

Otherwise though, enjoying it so far

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda sounds like Eternia.

Hyades in normal? Cakewalk.

Hyades in hard? "Alright, this is going okay, just run in and..." *THUNDER BLADE!* WTFPWNED

10. PaladinVance

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    and I only have it set to Moderate :banghead: 

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  11. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    My, what a lost thread. I forgot about it. I have Tales of Graces f now. I'm finding it very fun. :D  I have a little story to tell:

My friend was over today and I half jokenly asked him if he wanted to help me out with a tough boss in Tales of Graces f. He actually said "yes". We had some grinding and practice battles and then we took on the boss together! He used Pascal and I used Asbel. It took us four tries but through a combination of him being compitent and being more of a strategist than me we pulled it off! :D  I took down the one "bird" pretty much by myself. I'm damn good at dodging that thing's attacks. We were out of Life Bottles. <_<

So the battle's won, it took ten minutes and everybody but me is dead but it's won. But I had no idea how I was going to get out. ;_; Everybody except me, and Sophie is dead. As it turns out the save points bring characters back to life. :3 I even had the foresight to bring some food along.

Unfortunately Kyle doesn't like how chaotic the battles are so we may not do something like that again. :/ But it was really cool of him and he did get kind of into it. He kept saying "one more try" when we lost.

The boss was the one at Duplimar, those two dragon-bird things. According to a really poorly written guide I read I'm actually ten levels below what I should be. No wonder I had so much trouble. :p 

12. Cracka J

News Credits:
    yeah I'm coming to the end of abyss on 3ds so I will be switching to this again soon. I had already started playing abyss when I got this and gave it a shot to see how it was. I hate to put games on the backburner but it happens when you're trying to complete other shit.

13. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Pretty fantastic game. I'm surprised by how good the voice acting is in this.

14. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    I'm done the main storyline now. :D  This is a really fun game. I enjoyed it the whole way through. Althought it did take until the third last dungeon for me to really get the hang of the combat. <_< It's not that it's difficult to learn it's just that I like linking my Artes together and I always run out of CC without realizing it. :lol 

The final battle was actually pretty tough. It took me three or four tries. He kept killing everybody but Cheria with his Mystic Arte and then doing that grab move on her before she can bring me back to life. I'd always come so close!

I'm really looking forward to starting the future arc. I know it's a lot shorter than the main story but if it's just as fun then I have no problem with it.

Hopefully I can get into Katz Corner in the future arc. I didn't feed all the cats before completing the main story. I really want all the ingame costumes.