Tales from Earthsea

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Possibly because the film is 4 years old. Wonder why Disney are re-releasing it.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of these films are older than their US release, and unless you are looking for them, they don't hit people's radar until they are announced here, much like Ponyo wasn't talked about here until it was a domestic release.

edit: Wait, do you mean this has been out in English already? Like I can find it on DVD? The quality looks new. I mean it doesn't look like old animation.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yup, even the dub has been out a while, its been out on DVD in the UK since 2008 (film was released 2006).

Not sure if its out in the US though, and as Disney are cinematically releasing it I'd guess no.

Oh, and the film itself is pretty good. I hear its a completely butchering of the book, but I haven't read it to judge.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll have to look for it then. I heard the title Earthsea before, but have never read it or know anything about it, so I won't have anything to nerd-rage about if it doesn't follow some source material :D