TakTomy fixed Megatron's Mace Hand!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rattrapx, Jul 21, 2007.

1. rattrapx

rattrapx Member

News Credits:
    Hi folks,

First post here, thought I'd bring up an interesting difference between the Hasbro and TakTomy Leader Megatron. TakTomy fixed the mace hand problem!!

Think everyone more or less knows the problem with the Hasbro version, but for those who are unawares:

Megatron's right hand is supposed to be able to fire out on a string, but in the Hasbro versions, the mace hand is missing the spring, so, from reports, the hand just falls out limply when the button is pressed or doesn't stay in very well at all.

Initially, people thought that there was a manufacturing error, where the spring in the LEFT hand (cannon arm) was supposed to be in the RIGHT (mace hand) because the cannon only stayed open if you pushed the lever.

Now however, it seems that BOTH hands are supposed to have springs, with TakTomy's version having springs in both arms. However, the hips are still misassembled, but fixing that isn't too difficult.

Just a head's up to those of you considering getting the Hasbro or TakTomy version ;) 

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting news indeed, thanks for the heads up! BTW, what is the missasembly on his hips?

3. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats wrong with the hips? Mine dosen't seem to have any problems.

As for the mace, I wouldn't be supprised if hasbro did that for chiled safty resons

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I still think the fussion cannon is better without the spring, now, it can stay deployed.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Abit off topic but does the Takara Ironhide have long smokestacks?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If he does, I'm skipping Hasbro's.

EDIT: No, still short.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Looks like TakaraTomy is really trying its best to save $ on mainline releases! XD

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Their figures are just hasbro repacks mostly anyways. Guess money talks!

9. rattrapx

rattrapx Member

News Credits:
    If you look at photos on the back of his box, you can see the hip parts are assembled differently, mainly swapped left from right.

While it doesn't affect movement much, the main problem is that the gold bars on the hips are too close to the pelvis bit, which may damage the thin parts when posing, as well as somewhat limiting the forward movement of the legs.

Swapping the hip joints actually places the thighs slightly further out, allowing a wider range of rotation, and surprisingly, the re-assembly actually does make transforming the legs easier.

Don't have pics to show before-after, but if you look at the box and compare with the actual figure you should get what I mean : )

I agree on the child safety bit, but honestly it doesn't launch all that far, nor all that hard as well. Still, if they can cut off stacks on G1 Prime which don't move for safety reasons, I'd buy that for this case : \

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Can't say I blame Takara, the last few mainlines sort of bombed for them - that's why there's no "Classics" in Japan. Hopefully, the TF movie will do wonders for the series in Japan.