Taking OFFERS on a MIB Diaclone Chrome Chested Powered Convoy/Magnus COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by nbruce, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbruce

nbruce Motor City Toy Store

Ok, I have a BEAUTIFUL Rare Chrome chested Powered Convoy that I'm shopping around. The figure is truly a thing of beauty. It looks brand new, and I'd probably give it around a C9 and the blue cab at a C7. The box is in rough condition, but it is intact and the foam tray is also with it. This figure is 100% complete, only missing a decal sheet(if it came with one), and instructions. Normally, the matte gray chested ones go for about $200-$350 depending on the condition, this one is chrome chested, and is in wonderful condition. The ONLY flaw on the actual figure is that there is 1 arm clip on each side that is broken, but I HAVE the clips. Also, I have an exta missle, both sets of small fists(they made blue and black), and I also MIGHT have an extra Diaclone red cab that came with some versions of the Convoy. I'm not sure if the red cab is Diaclone or not, but the red cab is probably a C9+.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm looking to sell only, and I'm looking to get a FAIR market value.

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I wish I could afford fair market value or anything close to it. :cry 

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here. :D 

4. BoBe-Patt

BoBe-Patt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what is fair market value for this anyway?

5. nbruce

Basically, all that means is don't offer me $25 or anything.

You know, sometimes when you list stuff people try to be funny and offer pennies.

6. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Nice!!

7. SilverstreakRocks

SilverstreakRocks Banned

Fair market price would be about 80 - 100 bucks.

Don't use ebay as an indicator, 90% of the shit on ebay is overpriced.

8. TOM

Ebay:
    WERD! :dj 

9. SilverstreakRocks

SilverstreakRocks Banned

It's funny cause it's true.

10. TOM

Ebay:
    I know Im agreeing with you. and that price isn't bad either.

11. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    If you can hold it for a week or two, I can do $75 + shipping.

Please? THat is one of hte last two Magnus-es I need.

12. SilverstreakRocks

SilverstreakRocks Banned

I sort of figured you were doing that. :rock  :thumbs2: 

13. nbruce

That logic is the most skewed I have ever heard. That's like saying a baseball card is worth $50 because Beckett says so. The TRUE market value would be what people are WILLING to pay for it. Where do you find that? Ebay....or shows. And I can tell you right now, that I've been to enough shows, where if you sell a nice peice, it'll go for MORE than what you could find it on Ebay for.

I'm not really sure about your logic, so if you could extend on what you said, that would be great. And where do you get the figure of $90-100 from? I mean, some people could say it's worth no more than retail....$40. So what is it? $40? $90-100? $400? $10,000? 4,000,000? The value of it is what the "going" rate is. And Ebay is the best indicator of that around. Unfortunetely, these hit Ebay once in a blue moon, so it's not easy to say. I can tell you that I have NEVER seen one in this condition on Ebay, and the grey ones that hit Ebay in this condition usually close around $300. But using that as a frame of reference is all I can do. When you find one for $90, let me know.

14. TOM

Ebay:
    I have to disagree with you bruce about Ebay being a good indicator. You have assholes that have a million different usernames and friends and they bump shit up to whatever they want and some poor unsuspecting fool is stuck paying an outrageous price. How bout the MIB DEvastator gift set on there going for $1700 last week. I checked the bids and it was the same asshole with almost 20 bids himself. Anyway let me shut the fuck up before your thread gets locked. :) 

15. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    I am guessing that from the above message, you are looking for eBay market price, not the discussed 'fair market value'. If that is the case, I am sure that $75 will not cover what you are looking for (though I am serious about hte offer).

I have seen Alt Prowl go on eBay for $55. Is that the 'fair market value'? Hell no.

If you want eBay market value for that figure, sell it on eBay. Simple as that.

16. SilverstreakRocks

SilverstreakRocks Banned

Certainly not ebay, I'm sorry but almost everything is overpriced when it comes to TF's and that's just a fact. People even admit to overcharging there. Why do you think we can't find half this shit in stores? Because some employee or lameass collector buys them all up before anyone else can get any, then sits on his fat ass at home and sells them on ebay for twice or three times what he paid for them.

Trust me, it happens all the time, and not just with TF's, I know people here in Canada who buy things at the Great Canadian Dollar Store (nothing over a dollar), then turn around and sell it to Americans for up to 10 times what it's worth.

That's what ebay is all about, ripping people off. It wasn't always like that, it's just become that because as fans, some of us are stupid enough to pay those prices. I am not. Why should I? I can buy them locally for cheaper.

Now when it comes to the older stuff, that's a bit different, but the price I quoted was more than fair for an opened toy, that has two admittidly broken pieces, not sticker sheet and a damaged box. 80 to 100 dollars US is a lot of money, far more than what you would pay for the average toy. Just because you might be silly enough to pay more, doesn't mean everyone else should. The price is more than fair.

As I said, using ebay as an indicator is a very poor choice, as nothing on it ever sells for what it really should.

To use your own example, at retail this toy was probably only 20 dollars when it was released.

Look at other toys from the same period and that's how you get a fair conclusion on price. I didn't just pull that suggestion out of a box, look at the description, look at what it is A FRIGGIN TOY! Since when is it fair to ask a shitload of money for a broken, opened, incomplete toy? Even if it is rare? It isn't, hell, even what I quoted might be more than it's worth, it's certainly FAR more then I would ever pay, but for a die hard collector it was easily a fair price.

17. nbruce

Well, first off, shill bidded auctions are DEFINETELY in the minority. Do they happen? Sure, but people don't put high dollar items on Ebay, win their auctions, and then are happy to get stuck with the $30 fee Ebay just charged them.

As far as you saying this is a $90 item, I'll go ahead and say you're right. Now, I challenge you to find one in this condition ANYWHERE for $90. Joe Schmoe could say it's worth $40, or even $400,000, and I would give him the same challenge.

If taht's the case, are you saying a devastator giftset is only worth $200?

regardless of what you say, fair market value is what the "going" rate is. And I can gaurantee you your imaginary $90 is a little more off than what the "normal" rate is on a grey chested Magnus.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but i want you to tell a collector who drops $1000 on indivisual boxed figures taht his stuff is only worth 10% of what they paid becuase you think so.

18. TOM

Ebay:
    The General hath spoketh.

*Pssst I'll give you $90*

19. SilverstreakRocks

SilverstreakRocks Banned

Very well put, ignore the guy who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Ebay is a rip off center plain and simple.

20. nbruce

I want you to find one for $90. Then I will shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.