Customs: Taking apart oil slick

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by tabtiurf, Mar 26, 2010.

1. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Hi! Trying to do a repaint of animated oil slick with a different head, but I can't seem to get his torso apart. I took out the two screws, but the pin for the head swivel just won't budge. Has anyone taken this guy apart and knows what I'm doing wrong?

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, that pin runs from one side all the way over to the other. I tried to remove it from the one I customized, but I noticed I was causing damage to the part, so I stopped fooling with it, and just worked around it.

Not saying it cant come out, but it is a pain, and may not be worth it.

If all you want to do is change the head out, why not just pop the jar off and remove the head?....you'd have to fab a neck joint though....as he has none. His head is made like one of those cheapo Chess pieces, and the jar is just a translucent "thimble".

3. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Well, I was hoping to paint the black venty-part a different color than the body, which would seem to require seperation.

How does the dome pop off? I've tried just pulling.

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Trust me, pull hard enough, or put a flathead to the jar. It'll come off.

As for that pin, it is possible to get it out, you just have to push lightly on the non-flat end with another pin and then pull the remaining piece all the way through with some needle nose pliers.