Minor/Repaint: Taking apart Movie Wreckage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MrMurder, May 7, 2008.

1. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've manage to get him down to just his torso, but can't seem to get any farther.
    I removed all screws possible, the problem is there is one screw I cannot get to just behind his shoulder - I'm guessing this is the one piece that is preventing the torso from falling into pieces for me (which is what I need)
    I tried yanking on the shoulders to see if they would pop off but to no avail. This is also the part where the automorph contraption lies within
    If anyone has managed to get Wreckage broken completely down (excluding pins, I don't do pins) any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. MrMurder

Ebay:
    ok, I managed to dremel a small area to allow room for that final blasted screw to come out...
    but the torso still will NOT come apart. I'm guessing it is in deed because of a single pin. the one at the end of the "tail"
    I hate doing pins but if that's what I have to do, than so be it...
    problem is now that it's one of those pins with the larger opposite side so I can't just bang it out.
    I checked the tutorials section to the best of my ability and came up with no answers on how to remove these short of using a soldering gun; which I do not have.
    Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if its a rivet, and not a pin, then yes you'll almost certainly need to heat it up before simply popping the parts apart.

4. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

When I took my wreckage apart I was only able to get one shoulder to pop off. The other one just wouldn't budge. Even so, after looking at the shoulder I did get off, I still don't think that would've been enough to get the torso apart. I eventually gave up and customized him with the torso intact.

good luck man

5. MrMurder

Ebay:
    i pried the one shoulder apart with an exacto. it seemed it was glued on the inside, but once i got that open, there was a screw inside that was keeping it attached to the other shoulder from a long tube going through the middle of the torso. as for getting the whole torso to come apart, i still had no luck. i believe it is not budging because of the rivet at the base of the "tail." and since i do not have a soldering gun, i am unable to remove it. i've managed to work around it but it's really causing a lot of grief.

thanks for the concern