Customs: Taking apart Movie Masters figures

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ErechOveraker, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    So after 3 months of never even seeing the damn thing, I finally managed to get my hands on a Movie Masters Dark Knight thanks to someone here on the boards, and almost immediately out of the package he broke. I know the obvious answer is to return him, but since they've been so scarce on the shelves, PLUS I don't even have a receipt, I was hoping to try and give him a repair job.

The break happened at the waist, right at the rotator joint between the hips and the torso. I can't glue it back because the piece in the torso just sorta pushes up further into the torso whenever I try to push it down onto the piece on the waist.

SO, has anybody taken one of these apart, and or successfully put them back together. It seems like it's gonna be a lot of glue and prying, and possibly noticeable damage around the seems, but is there another method I'm missing? Hot water maybe?

HLP MAE PLS! :) 

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    You could try cleaning the two break areas up, then superglueing a screw into one of the sites (screw head down). After it dries thoroughly just screw it in he other half! Real quick fix, should hold okay and still give you the waist articulation! :thumb 

3. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Hmm that's not bad.

I did manage to get the top of that broken piece out, and glue it to the waist, we'll see how it goes putting it back in. It was a total pitas getting it out though, hot water and dryer did nada, I basically just had to pull at the seams and hope for no snappage. But I'm not sure that piece'll hold up to the strain of twisting now that it has been broken.

Which means you just gave me Plan B (I barely had a Plan A!), thanks!

4. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Plan B was the way to go, and it worked. Big Hank ftw!

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Good to hear!! Glad I could help!:thumb